7 Simple ways to safe Guard your dog this summer!
By: Venkata Ramana
If you have a hard time in summer imagine how it must feel under a fur coat! here are some simple tips to help your dog beat the heat.
1) Bob The Hair:
If you have a shaggy dog like a pomeranian, Pekinese or any such variation then listen up. Your dog needs a hair cut. Tha hair should be cut with scissors and not shaved. Do not cut around the whiskers but you can carefully trim around the eyes.The less hair on your dog the cooler he will keep. If you have a short haired dog no need for a trim.
2) Play it cool: Food can be lighter and given before it gets hot in the morning and after it cools down in the evening.Depending on the dogs normal diet, reduce or entirely eliminate meat. Replace with soya, mashed or cooked with meat flavour. When a dog is panting give ice to lick.
3) walk on the mild side:
Walks should be taken early and then again after sundown. Don't encourage chasing, fetching games too much.
4) Cool it: If you enjoy airconditioning so does your dog.If you have a cooled space share it with your pooch.
5) No closed encounters: Never leave dogs in a completely closed space. If your dog is home, Leave on the fan. In a car, leave the window partially open.
6) Let it all hang out: Dogs sweat from their tongues so never tie or muzzle the mouth in the summer. Whilst giving medical treatment see if you can hold the head rather than tying the mouth. If you have to tie the mouth be sure to release as quickly as possible.
7) Do not bathe your dog more than once a month. Soap/ Cleansers strip their skin of natural oils and lead to skin irritation. when dirty you can simply towel dry with a damp towel.
About the Author
Venkata Ramana is a Dog Lover since childhood. Visit his Boxer Dog website and discover how you can make boxer dog the happiest, loving dog alive, Running healthily with you.