11 Affiliate Tips
By: David McKenzie
I have compiled a list of 11 affiliate tips which I think will
help you with marketing your web site and affiliate programs.
1. Spend a lot of time trying to get a high ranking in search
engines for your web sites. Learn as much as you can about
search engines and make it a weekly task to try to get good
2. The word "free" and especially when written "FREE" is over
used. Use it only occasionally on your site. For example you
could use it to give away a free E-Book or free article you have
3. Spend 75% of your time marketing your web site and affiliate
programs and 25% of your time working on them. Most people spend
about 10% to 20% marketing their web site and affiliate
programs. Then again, most people online do not make any money!
4. Use text links rather than banners for your affiliate
programs. Text links get a much higher click through ratio.
People have trained themselves to ignore banners.
5. Write you own articles and post them on a separate page on
your site. Then submit them to the following article resource
6. Check your clicks and sales regularly at your affiliate web
site. If you see a slow down in clicks and/or sales then alter
your marketing. Try something different. Do not use the same
techniques if they are not working.
7. Use Newsgroups but do it in a clever way. Stand out from the
crowd. Use Newsgroups to announce new articles you have written.
But make sure you read the rules of each newsgroup and never,
8. Do not use graphics that slow your web page down. If you are
selling or pre-selling information have predominantly text on
your page. My site has 1 visible graphic on it. Thatís right.
9. Join a number of newsletters related to the theme of your web
site. You can get a lot of valuable affiliate tips from good
10. Post articles other webmasters have written on your site,
but ask them first. You can even do your own review of other
11. Find out whether any affiliate programs you belong to have
articles at their site and see if you can post them at your
site. Then you can include a link back to their site at the end
of the article.
About the Author
David McKenzie of
http://www.brisney.com For great ideas on promoting your web
site or marketing your affiliate programs subscribe to our Free
twice monthly newsletter by sending a blank email to