5 Important Things To Consider When Choosing Golf Clubs
Every golfer knows that having proper equipment is essential. Choosing golf clubs has become some what of a daunting task because of the enormous market out there. We have come up with 5 simple things to consider when choosing golf clubs.
1. First of all you have to be honest with yourself in deciding what skill level you're at. Are you a beginner just starting out, an intermediate weekend golfer, or an expert golfer who plays all the time? This is critical because there are different types of equipment designed to help every level of player. Playing with expert equipment if you are just starting out will only hurt your game.
2. Stay within your spending limits. You have to know what type of budget you are working with. Golf can become very expensive if you don't stay within your means. There is equipment and accessories designed for every budget, you just have to know where to look.
3. Figure out your strengths and weaknesses. Do you know hook or slice the ball? Are you a long or short hitter? Do you sink many puts when you have to, etc.? You must know these qualities of your game. When you go to your local shop or golf pro it will be easy for them to get you fitted correctly if you know this information.
4. How often do you play? Are you a weekend golfer or an addict who plays all the time? This will determine what golf clubs and accessories you should purchase. Don't go out and spend a fortune on complex equipment and other things if you only play the game on the weekend with your buddies. On the other hand if you travel all over competing and playing, you are going to need the quality equipment that allows that.
5. Finally make sure you do your own research. Read golf magazines, articles, newspapers, and anything else you can get your hands on. Go to demo days at your local club or driving range and any local golf shows. Check online at manufacturer's websites and other informative golf club websites. You can find anything online. Doing research is the key to getting what you want.
If you use these 5 simple tips to choosing golf clubs it will be simple for you to get fitted with exactly what you need. So go out and get those brand new clubs you have been thinking about for while.
More great tips on choosing your golf clubs can be found at: www.golfequipmentsource.com/golfclubs.html
John Bolt is the full time owner of http://www.golfequipmentsource.com/golfclubs.html
With years of competitive golf experience under his belt, he understands the importance of having properly fitted golf equipment. You can visit him online at his website.
What Night Golf Ball Should I Use For My Glow Ball Event?
Believe it or not, there are three different types of Night Golf Balls. The more traditional Night Golf ball has a hollow core in which a light stick is inserted (after activating). A player simply bends the light stick until it "cracks" then shakes the contents vigorously to ensure distribution then inserts into a hollow core on this Night Golf Ball. The advantage of this Night Golf ball is that it is relatively inexpensive and can be used over and over again by simply removing the old plug and inserting a new plug the next time you use it. Although not a major disadvantage, players must use a club or two 'extra' for this particular Night Go...(related: Golf)
How Golf Training Can Transform Your Game
Golf training has been brought to the masses thanks to Tiger Woods, Annika Sorenstam, Larry Nelson and now by the Number One player in the world?Vijay Singh. Vijay is a golf training machine. His personal trainer travels with him on tour and works him out all the way through the week. Vijay has his golf training routine down to a science and doesn't deviate even a fraction.When Annika implemented a golf training program she shot a 59 that year and dominated the LPGA. No one was even close. She was the one to beat every week. She even went as far as saying she needed to challenge herself, so she played in a men's PGA event. And almost m...(related: Golf)
Improving Your Golf Game, The Optimal Recipe
There are hundreds, probably thousands, of articles about how to improve your golf. Just pick up any weekly or monthly issue of any golf magazine. You will read page after page on how to get better at your driving distance, how to improve your putting, how to improve your short game. The list goes on and on and on. (I could probably fill this whole article with the titles of the articles that are "supposed" to fix your game). This tells me a few things about golfers: 1) we all want to get better, 2) we are anxious to absorb all the information possible to get better, and 3) golf is a game of continual improvement.The question that may be running through your mind at this point is: "Why is this article any better the ones I read l...(related: Golf)
Sports Psychology For Golfers: 4 Tips For Beating The Yips
When players labels themselves as having the putting yips, they think they have an incurable disease. Putting confidence declines and the fear of missing putts makes matters worse. Players who suffer from the fear of missing don't like to putt. The more they putt, the worse it gets, until it's intolerable. This leads golfers to believe they have an affliction that they must learn to play with. When golfers condition themselves into believing they have the yips, it is extremely hard for change to occur.The yips start with poor results and missing short putts. The player then progresses to the fear of missing and the fear of putting. The player feels like it is a physical condition, which leads golfers to believe that it can be corrected with a change in technique or practice habits. But the yips come fro...(related: Golf)
The Golf Channel Highlights Fitness
If you're a Golf Channel addict or merely an avid golfer, and also want to maintain top fitness for your golf game, you'll be pleased to know that they have made fitness education a priority. Through a variety of resources and educational tools they have incorporated the advice of experts on how improved fitness can make you a better player.You can catch golf fitness academy shows on periodically throughout the week, with repeat episodes in case you miss an original showing. These shows are led by golf experts and medical professional...(related: Golf)
How A Golf Fitness Book Can Transform Your Game
A golf fitness book that is written to give you ready-made golf fitness programs, exercises, step-by-step instructions and illustrations can quickly transform your golf game.There are so many "so-called" golf fitness books on the market; but when you open them up you see dozens of pictures of...(related: Golf)
10 Ways To Increase Your Energy Instantly With A Golf Performance Diet
A golf conditioning program should always be accompanied by a solid golf nutrition plan. In essence, what you eat determines how you play. So, which foods produce champions and which foods hinder play? Let me give you a few hints.It goes without saying that proper nutrition is important for all of us. But, if you are serious about shaving valuable strokes off your scorecard, you need to make some tough decisions on seeing your diet through. If you travel for golf, or play in frequent tournaments, it is important not to fall into the trap of 'settling' for fast food or a quick bag of chips or chocolate bar. Make a commitment to use some or all of the following tips and your en...(related: Golf)
The Reason Why Clone Golf Clubs Are Worth It
When it comes to choosing a new set up of golf clubs, you are obviously going to want the best, but more importantly you are going to want them at cheap prices. This is why manufacturers have decided on the idea of clone golf clubs. They not only play the same but are almost made to look the same as well. Customers are going to see that the prices are lower and that they are just as good as the "very, very best" which is why retailers capitalize on this.I cannot see why a player cannot go out and beat a fellow player who has the so called "big name brands". It makes perfect sense. People may look a...(related: Golf)