5 Best Uses For Hybrid Utility Clubs
Have you seen those new hybrid utility cubs? They are showing up all over the place, rescuing golfers from all kinds of situations. The reason for this is simple; they open up opportunities for a number of great new shots.
Even the tour pros are using them to help them win big tournaments. (Todd Hamilton ? British Open, David Toms ? PGA Championship, Reteif Goosen ? US Open) We have come up with what we believe are the 5 best uses for these hybrid clubs.
1. OFF THE TEE ? These clubs are great for long par 3's and short par 4 tee shots when you must carry a bunker or water hazard. Most long irons shots have a low piercing trajectory. These hybrids have a lower center of gravity that helps to launch the ball up into the air. Because of this high ball flight, the ball will come down on a steeper angle making it easier to stop on the green.
2. FROM THE FAIRWAY ? They are good for long approach shots to the greens on par 5's and long par 4's. Because of their great distance control and accuracy, these hybrids will build your confidence. Hitting this club form the fairways will have you going for more par 5's in 2 and leaving you short putts for eagle.
3. FROM THE ROUGH ? Most long irons get caught up in the rough causing them to twist easily and produce mishits. The bigger size and mass of the hybrids over regular irons makes it easier for the club to drive through the rough while keeping the face square. This squaring of the clubface is also aided by the rudders and rails on the sole of the club going through the turf.
4. OUT OF A BUNKER - Move the ball back in your stance to promote a little steeper angle of attack. The bigger club heads and larger ruddered soles of hybrids make it easier to swing through the sand without catching it fat or heavy. It is very important on these long bunker shots to hit the ball first. This will help get the ball up in the air very quickly and out of the bunker.
5. AROUND THE GREEN ? Hybrid utility clubs work great for bump and run shots around the green (just ask Todd Hamilton). They help to eliminate the chance for error by getting the ball rolling on the ground as quick as possible. Because the shafts are shorter you can play these shots almost like a putt without choking down on the shaft to gain control. This eliminates the chance of a skull, chunk, or a decelerating wedge shot.
We find these hybrid utility clubs to be one of the most versatile clubs you could have in your bag. Get more info about hybrid utility clubs from our website. Then try one out in your bag today! www.golfequipmentsource.com/hybrid-golf-clubs.html
John Bolt is the full time owner of GolfEquipmentSource.com. With years of competitive golf experience under his belt, he understands the importance of having properly fitted golf equipment. You can visit him online at: http://www.golfequipmentsource.com
The Power Of Combining Golf Swing Basics With Exercise
When training in good golf swing basics is combined with the right exercise program, the results can be nothing short of miraculous.Take the superb performances witnessed in junior golfers like the Song sisters, Ty Tyron and Michelle Wie. The amazingly high level of performance o...(related: Golf)
Play Better Longer - Peak Performance For Golf!
The golf swing is a dynamic movement that demands precise coordination of muscle contraction and relaxation, postural stability, strength, balance and body awareness. That is not to say that we cannot swing a golf club without these elements. The body does a great job in compensating for weakness and faulty movement. However, there is a downside to this compensation. The downside is inconsistency, loss of power, and muscle and joint pain. A well developed golf fitness program will help you develop the physical skills needed to consistently repeat a good golf swing, add power and distance to your shots, and help prevent, reduce and possibly even eliminate golf related pain and injury.Since countless PGA professionals have proven the benefit of strength and conditioning, the demand for golf fitness trainers and training programs ...(related: Golf)
What Causes Golf Back Pain?
Why it that back pain is such a common complaint in golf and amongst golf players on any course?Does golf back pain have something to do with the game or do most players bring back pains acquired elsewhere into the game?While it is true that there are golfers who started having back pains and related problems long before they set foot on the course, there is clear evidence that golf does cau...(related: Golf)
Hogans Real Golf Secret
Ben Hogan's secret was his extraordinary ability to focus. This was not a gift from heaven. No, Hogan spent long hours perfecting his focus technique.Robert DeLeon, my mentor and a golf biomechanics instructor, grew up in Austin Texas. Besides taking lessons from Harvey Penick, he had the opportunity as a kid to sit and watch Hogan practice. Hogan would take hours to hit just forty balls. He would hit a ball and spend a few minutes to rewind the shot in his mind and go over every aspect of it. Before he hit the next ball he knew everything he did right and wrong with that shot and was ready to hit the next one even better.Hogan fine tuned every swing ...(related: Golf)
A Golf Fitness Tip Must Focus On The Golf Swing
There is no way that you can separate a good golf fitness tip from a good well executed golf swing. The golf swing is the most strenuous aspect of the game and a good golf fitness tip is one that helps you improve on your golf swing.The basics of a proper golf swing are universal. A proper golf swing actually consists of three separate segments that every golfer should work on in their efforts to develop and improve their golf swing. A good golf fitness tip must be able to help a golfer ach...(related: Golf)
The Perfect Golf Swing Through Improved Posture And Balance
Every golfer is continually in search of that elusive feel of the perfect swing. Books are written on the topic. Instructional videos promising the "secrets of the perfect swing" sell like hotcakes by mail order and on the internet. Everyone everywhere wants to know what they need to do to swing like the pros.The truth is there is no "perfect swing" ? at least there's no one method for achieving it. If we've learned anything from years of watching professional golfers showcase their skills in tournaments around the world, it is what makes for the "pe...(related: Golf)
Golf Swing Technique And How To Improve It
There are two approaches to achieving a better golf swing. There is improving your physical capabilities?and improving your golf swing technique.How many times has your teaching pro recommended a golf swing technique...(related: Golf)
How To Achieve The Proper Golf Swing
Every golfer wants to know the magic secret to achieving the proper golf swing. One that is repeatable and produces results.If you have been trying to accomplish the proper golf swing through traditional ways and still aren...(related: Golf)
Instruction For Swingers (golf)
Could your golf swing use some improvement? You are in luck because there are lots of sources for golf swing instruction. Golf swing instruction will be beneficial for your game.If you are looking for golf swing instruction you may want to talk to one of the golf pros at the course where you golf. A golf pro can offer excellent golf swing instruction.Maybe you want to try golf swing instruction on your own. Look at a golf shop for golf swing instruction ideas. The employees will be able to point you in the right direction for the best golf swing instruction aids available.You can check out golf swing instruction books at a bookstore. The library may also have books or ...(related: Golf)