10 Tips To Save Money When Dining Out
By: Gregory Thomas
Here are some tips that can help you save money when dining out. Keep in mind that these tips are intended to help you save money when dining out at a restaurant type setting. In other words, these tips will not be related to fast food establishments for their food is already priced reasonably.
10 TIPS TO SAVE MONEY WHEN DINING OUT
1. If you can choose the time of day, breakfast meals are usually lower in cost. If that's not possible, dine out during lunch or brunch time, which tends to be cheaper than at dinner time.
2. Dine out during the week rather than on the weekend. Most all restaurants offer weekly specials where you'll find prices that are much lower than usual.
3. If you have a family, go to places that offer children's menus with low priced meals.
4. If you are not a big eater, share an entree with someone else and order salad or soup to supplement your meal.
5. Try and avoid alcoholic drinks and desserts since their markup is very high. $4.50 for a beer is just not worth it!
6. Your local city newspaper should have coupons for many of the popular restaurants in your area. Take a look and see what's available to you.
7. If you dine out alot, it may be more economical to buy a coupon book of restaurants in your area or a "frequent dining card". You'll find lots of 2-for-1 and 50% off coupons that can add up to big savings.
8. If you eat out and you have a huge appetite, go for the all-you-can-eat buffets. That might be all you need for the day! :-)
9. If you own a business, dining out for business purposes is a legitimate expense you can write off. Check with your local tax laws for the percentage allowed.
10. Last but not least, why not cook? Not only is it much healthier, but you'll save hundreds if not thousands of dollars every year.
Most everyone enjoys eating out from time to time. However this can get quite expensive especially if you eat out on a regular basis.
Think out it this way. If you are able to change a few eating habits, you might find yourself saving hundreds if not thousands of dollars each year... food for thought.
Learn Effective Money-Saving Techniques & Eliminate Your Debt At SavingSecrets.com. Hop on over and you'll find FREE money-saving articles, a monthly newsletter, and even a FREE Ebook download just for stopping by!
About the Author
Ten tips that can help you save money when dining out. Keep in mind that these tips are intended to help you save money when dining out at a restaurant type setting.