5 Options Toward Debt Relief
If you are in debt, well over your head in debt that is, there are options to help you overcome this situation. Let's examine five possible responses and uncover which ones lead to true debt relief.
1. Declare bankruptcy. Not as easy as it used to be especially since Congress passed and the president signed into law legislation to toughen personal bankruptcy laws earlier this year. Still, it is an option for some. Just remember: depending on which course of action you take, Chapter 7 or Chapter 13, it can have a long term impact on your credit standing.
2. Consolidate your debt through a consumer credit counseling service. Be careful as often all these companies do is get your interest rates reduced for a period of time, earn money off of your payments, and sink your credit rating! You can probably negotiate directly with your creditors for relief and save yourself money as well as your good name.
3. Get a consolidation loan. Watch out as this means borrowing from the equity you have in your house [secured credit] to pay off debt that is unsecured. Do you really want to expose your most valuable asset in that way?
4. Debt settlement. Just because you owe $50,000 to creditors does not mean you absolutely must pay it all back. With the services of a company who would arbitrate on your behalf, you can get real debt relief without the stigma of bankruptcy. Yes, your credit would take a bit of a hit but it it isn't the same as bankruptcy. You could then get out from under the remaining debt over a period of time.
5. Sit on it. In other words: do not do a thing. Sure, it is an appealing option for some but you cannot run and you cannot hide. Better to choose one of the first four options than this one!
Debt relief is possible, but it requires determination and research on your part. If you are using the services of another company to help you gain debt relief, make sure you read the small print and check out their references. Ultimately, your credit standing is in your hands. Do not trust it to those who are not actively working on your behalf.
Matt Keegan is The Article Writer who writes about topics from Aviation to Zoos. For samples of some of his work, please visit http://www.thearticlewriter.com
If you're thinking about an IVA, it is essential to get the best information possible. This is because although an IVA can be a manageable way to resolve your debt problems, it can also represent a commitment of up to five years. Getting good IVA information is an important p...(related: Debt Relief)
There are some new bankruptcy laws going into effect before long and many think they are much needed. Of course, that depends on which side of the bankruptcy you are a part of. Creditors are going to be the ones to benefit from the new laws, but there may be some helpful regulations for those filing for bankruptcy as well.The new bankruptcy code requires certain filing procedures that do seem beneficial for the consumer. For instance under the new bankruptcy code, a consumer is required to take a financial counseling course within the 6 months prior to filing...(related: Debt Relief)
Save Money When Going Out
It seems as though whenever we go out for the night, it costs much more than we originally intended to spend. Having a 'night on the town' shouldn't cost you a whole weeks salary.Keep in mind that the amount you spend is directly related to the place you go and what you purchase. If you are attending an opera with private balcony seats, followed by an elegant candle-lit dinner . . . . plan on spending more than forty dollars.However, many activities can be a lot of fun and not cost much money at the same time. Sure, it's nice to go out in style once and awhile, but realistically, how often can our pocketbooks afford it?Use the following tips to help cut some of the costs when going out. These tips can also be helpful if you ha...(related: Debt Relief)
Your Ticket Out Of Debt Relief
If you are in debt over your head and wondering if you will ever find a way out, the answer is yes! Serious financial problems can make life miserable and cause a great deal of stress and worry. Many people have found themselves in the situation of avoiding calls from creditors and wondering how they will ever get out of debt. Debt relief is not impossible. There is a way out of debt and you can be on your way to financial freedom in a shorter period of time that you ever thought possible.Making minimum payments on your unsecured debt is almost pointless. It could take 30 years or longer before you are able to pay off your debts. Debt relief companies can help you reduce the amount of interest you pay so that more of your payments go toward...(related: Debt Relief)
Debt Elimination Is The Key To Financial Freedom
If you want financial freedom, the first thing that you will need to do is to get rid of your debts. After all, as long as you owe money, you can't consider yourself to be financially free. This is due to the fact that the money you will earn in the future won't actually belong to you, as you'll have to put it toward paying off debts in the past.While there are plenty of other issues involved in becoming financially free, you're going to need to work hard to get out of debt first if you want to be successful at achieving financial freedom.There are a few things that you need to do in order to eliminate your debts. The fir...(related: Debt Relief)
Debt Consolidation Versus Debt Negotiation
Debt consolidation versus debt negotiation are two options that are available to you if you need debt assistance. When your monthly b...(related: Debt Relief)
Budgeting And Debt Management
Debt management (specifically unsecured) is the first step to taking control of your money! Add a household budgeting plan and you've got a powerful tool for money management.Together, budgeting and debt management build financial security and independence. Yes, you can reduce debt and save for your future financial security at the same time! It can be done.Anyone can do it and everyone deserves it!In fact, it's the only budgeting plan that makes perfect sense. Budgeting to include debt management in your personal finance plan builds a good strong defense against credit card use.Unexpected events and expenses play a significant role in creating debt for most of us. A good budgeting plan that prepares you for those events and provides a s...(related: Debt Relief)
5 Ways To Get Out Of Debt
It has been said that everyday more and more people in the world are getting into unsecured debt. Once reason for this is the relative ease in which credit card companies and banks are extending credit to their customers. In fact,...(related: Debt Relief)
Hide That Car! Fighting The Repo Man
Vehicle repossession may appear justified in circumstances where a person is generally being irresponsible and otherwise able to meet this financial obligation. However, what about that hardworking guy or gal who paid their automobile note dutifully for three years, and missed one payment? Why should their car be repossessed?Basically, the lender owns your car until it is paid in full. Therefore, one missed payment is considered a breech of your agreement. It gets worse. After they take your car, they can sue you for what is called deficiency. Deficiency is any amount still owed on your contract AFTER your lessor sells your repossessed vehicl...(related: Debt Relief)