10 Important, Easy Dating Rules To Ensure Your Success
1) Leave the mobile phone off! Do not answer it if it is on Silent either. You should only do this if you are expecting an emergency and I mean an emergency. You only look like a deadhead, self-centred fool answering a phone at a meeting that is important and that goes for all meetings. It's inconsiderate and breeds contempt from the other party even if they agree to you answering it. They're only being polite which you're not, if you do have a ringing phone and answer it. This does not mean leave it at home - you may need it later.
2) Don't smoke anything in the presence of others unless they also smoke and for goodness sake make sure that no one near you is eating. Never smoke in an area where people are eating even if they smoke. You would be a fool to smoke in the presence of your date when they didn't smoke. If you're keen, it may be time to think about not smoking in their presence again.
3) A good rule is not to talk about your achievements unless you are asked. Bragging is more often frowned upon and puts people off early. Show some interest in your date and their hobbies, achievements and interests. If you do this regularly enough, it will become a habit and your good social skills will become very obvious to others including your date.
4) Find some way to compliment them. This is good practise even if you don't think this person is right for you. What goes around comes around! This is also a great building block for social skills improvement.
5) Smart casual attire is always good for the first date. Girls - don't go over the top with jewellery. It looks crass and sometimes cheap! Subtlety is the name of the game here. Boys - don't swear or cuss. It only indicates ignorance and sometimes stupidity. It does not make you look tough. Your actions and the way you deal with life will show how tough you are quickly enough. Most people can find an adjective somewhere in their vocabulary to describe things. You'll find that you can too!
6) Most girls like to be respected and despite their eye lashes fluttering away in some scenarios, they are generally quite bright and one step ahead of you. The more you treat them like your equal in conversation, the more quickly you will identify a good match for you or not.
7) Most boys like to have interest shown in their achievements or interests. In fact, you could just focus on this for the whole date and be safe if you wanted to.
8) Eat like a human being - don't quaff down the food like it's your last meal. Don't fill up. This will ensure that you can feel good about doing something after you've dined i.e. dancing, a walk even consider going to a different venue for coffee, dessert, dancing or a drink perhaps. Mixing you're venues often displays varying behaviour. If your date begins to swing from a chandelier after one drink you may want to consider the future carefully.
9) Boys - if you enjoyed your date, say so at the end of the evening. Follow up with a thoughtful gift such as flowers to her place of work or her doorstep. It does NOT have to be expensive. The surprise is what counts here, along with the fact that you have obviously thought about her since the date. Hand write the card and leave a phone number she can catch you on.
10) Girls - try not to make yourself too available at the end of your first date. But make your feelings clear with an element of subtlety. Whatever you do, do not ask him if he will call again. Your mind set must be one of value and you must tell yourself that if he doesn't call then there will be another who will. I assure you there will!
One more thing - on your first few dates never and I mean never get in a discussion of old boy friends or girlfriends, ex wives or husbands, nor anything to do with these issues - Never!
Publisher & Author: Roy Barker. Roys expertise comes from a lengthy career in the counselling, human resources and corporate arena. He has a popular Dating Site Review Service at http://www.datingxlence.com which is renowned for it's reviews on the top dating sites and only after they have screened out the others. These are also accurately categorised for your ease of use and selection. By the way, this is a free service.
International Dating ? When Love Really Means Going The Distance!
In today's society, the world really is getting smaller. As we leap from one technological breakthrough to the next, we find that within micro-seconds we can transfer information from one side of the earth to the other. We can live on one continent and be emp...(related: Dating)
3 Reasons Why Inner Game Will Help Your Love Life
What Does `Inner Game` Mean?`Inner Game` is what we call the continual process of mental health with regards to dealing with attractive members of the opposite sex, and people in g...(related: Dating)
Should You Consider An Internet Romance?
Carly's quest in finding a suitable partner for marriage seemed impossible. She found the singles scene at clubs to be uncomfortable and her social circle seemed to consist of more married friends with a sh...(related: Dating)
Great Dating Advice: 7 Universal Laws For Singles
The Law of the Right PersonWhile most of us put our focus on finding the right person, it's just as important to focus your energy on becoming the right person.The Law of Alone, Part 1One of the words used to describe the state of...(related: Dating)
Looks Or Heart?
No matter how you want to spin it, beautiful people are justthat, beautiful. However, to what degree does it play intoyou finding your perfect match?Seemingly, most of us are engulfed by a blitzing media thatsells eve...(related: Dating)
Online Dating Safety - Tackling Internet Crime
Online dating is a great way to contact and meet new people. Either for free or for a small fee you can have access to thousands of singles looking for love.However it is an unfortunate fact that whilst the vast majority of people using these services are decent law abiding citizens looking for love there are those that seek to exploit the vulnerabiltiy of singles online.A common trick comes from African or Eastern European nationals who e-mail users with tales of family deaths, large inheritences and if only they could get across to the UK...(related: Dating)
Creating An Effective Personals Ad That Gets Results: Dos And Donts
Creating a great ad means selling your strengths and attributes. Think of this as creating your personal resume. Many of the online systems provide a multiple choice matching along with an essay. After someone finds you with a "match", it is your essay portion that can make you shine. It is crucial to fill out the essay completely, with at least 2 or three sentences per question asked. You can come back to the essay later on many systems. You will spend 45 minutes to an hour filling this out. People who do not fill out the essay are not taking seriously and get passed on for other profiles that are more forthcoming. Be honest in your ad.
You get her number, set up the date, take her out, and get her to come back to your place for "a few drinks". You are sitting on the couch kissing and fooling around with her, but after a while she says "It's getting kind of late... I've better get going". Being the gentleman that you are, you respect her wishes and show her out, even though you are pissed beyond belief... and stuck with a severe case of blue-balls.The reason why this ha...(related: Dating)
3 Easy Steps To Online Dating Success
We all know that online dating will help you to make new friends and meet your perfect partner. But, how do you get the best out of a dating site? If you are thinking of signing up, or have already joined a dating site without success, make sure you read these 3 important tips!1. Personal Profile ? Getting it RightAll dating sites ask you to complete a personal profi...(related: Dating)