7 Easy Tips On How To Improve Your Sales Letter Instantly
Would you like to get more sales from your online sales letter? Here are 7 easy tips that you can improve on your ad copy instantly and generate more revenue:
1. Have a Strong Call to Action. Decide what is it that you want your prospect to do when reading your sales letter. Are you asking your prospect to subscribe to your mailing list? Or is it to make a purchase? Lead your prospect to the conclusion you want by making your offer sound really attractive (eg. give valuable bonuses) and making it easy for him or her to take action.
2. Get help in spotting errors. It's tough to have a 100 percent perfect ad copy. Solve this problem by giving a reward to your readers who spot more than five errors in your ad copy. Alternatively, ask your personal friends to help you to check for errors and buy them lunch!
3. Give a percentage of your sales to a charity. Mention this in your ad copy. This is a good strategy because your company gives back to society plus it also "propels" your prospect to act charitably (and hence make a purchase).
4. Include a good, solid guarantee or x-days-money-back period in your offer. In all respects, you are likely to improve your website sales conversion if you offer a lifetime guarantee.
5. Use the checkmark or a bulleted point against each benefit of the product or service that you are selling. You want to have as long a list as possible! And present features of your product or service as benefits or solutions to your prospect's problems.
6. Include P.S., P.S.S. and P.S.S.S. at the foot of your sales letter. It has been shown that many busy website visitors do not have the time to read your entire sales copy. They are likely to scroll to the bottom of your sales letter to check out the conclusion, summary and how much your product is selling for. As such, in your concluding paragraph, including post scripts is a good idea. Here, you can summarise the main points of what you are selling, repeat your bonus offers and once again, your call for action.
7. Include your contact information prominently. The feeling of security is important to prospects who do not know or have met you. If they do not feel secure, they are not likely to do business with you. Including your contact information helps in that they know that you are reachable, that you are a REAL person and you are running a genuine business.
Evelyn Lim is the online publisher of the very popular ezine newsletter "Mapping You to Success". Her FREE newsletter is jam packed with ideas, resources and tips for all aspiring e-business owners. Subscription to her newsletter is at http://www.e-BizMap.com. She also maintains a blog at http://www.EvelynLim.com.
Its The Headline, Stupid! - Writing Powerful Headlines
"It's the headline, stupid," is the sign that hangs over my computer screen. It reminds me that to write effective articles, press releases, sales letters--whatever I want people to read--I need a powerful, grabber headline or title.You are competing with a lot of others to get the attention of potential readers and customers, and you have only a few seconds to grab them. By using the tips and techniques here, you can stand out from the crowd ...(related: Copywriting)
Are Long Copy Salesletters Scams?
A passionate debate is currently raging in the Copywriters Forum about long versus short copy. (If you haven't joined, do so. Click the "register" link the top. It's free. There are tons of tips from other very successful copywriters.)The debate was originally sparked by a comment a very well-known Fortune 500 "guru" made about Armand Morin's AudioGenerator.com.I love it, because debate ignites passion, provides insigh...(related: Copywriting)
Better Copy: The Interview Is The Key
Most of us spend our days persuading others to buy our service, product or idea. Here is how to create powerful marketing copy to make your job easier: INTERVIEW YOURSELF.If you hired a writer to create the copy for you, he/she would likely start by interviewing you. He would ask every question he could think of about your subject and keep probing until he found illuminating answers. You could find a colleague to help in this e...(related: Copywriting)
Killer Business Headline Templates - So How Do You Write Killer Headlines In Minutes? You Cheat!
According to Branding and Advertising legend, David Ogilvy: 5 times as many people read the headline than they do the body copy in a sales message. This means that unless your headline actually helps sell what you've got to offer, you'll have wasted 90% of your time, money and energy.Now, you don't need me to tell you 90% waste isn't lean! So here are some quick and dirty headline templates that will turbocharge the power of your busi...(related: Copywriting)
Five Sections Of Your Copy Guaranteed To Get Read
Only about 20% of your copy is going to get read. The rest will simply be scanned. I'm sure you've heard the statistic before. It's ...(related: Copywriting)
Three Tips For Magnetizing Your Copy
The difference between good copy and great copy is the number of actions it generates. The more actions the copy drives, the greater the copy is.My friend John Reese, a master at simplifying what we often tend to unnecessarily complicate, says it best. He says the only metric you should ever really count on is this: "Yes" or "No."That's it.Now, what makes great copy nudge people into action requires a variety of different things -- things I often find missing with most of the copy I critique.<...(related: Copywriting)
Long Copy Vs. Short Copy? If You?re Still Debating This, You?re Missing The Point!
I've seen this ongoing debate debate jump up again recently in several Blogs and message boards and I can't help but laugh. It's not a new debate? Ever since the long copy masters of the early 1900's, people have been arguing for or against the practice.As a copywriter and conversion specialist, convincing my clients to test longer copy on their websites is often a very difficult task. After all, online customers have microscopic attention spans and are always in a hurry to move on.Different visitors have different goals, different personalities and different buying styles. Some visitors will want to read everything you can give them before buying and then they still need "more information" before they can decide. Others just want to know "what are you selling", "what does it do for me...(related: Copywriting)
The Secret To Web Copywriting Gurudom
Have you seen those copywriting gurus, working it on the web? How'd they get so darned famous? How can YOU get what THEY have? Here are some creative ideas for you to kick around and use in your copywriting escapades.1. Get a theme.First and foremost, to be screamingly successful as a web copywriter, you must have a HOOK. Copywriters are a dime a dozen, but the standouts have their brands jacked up for instant recognizability.You've likely heard of Michel Fortin,...(related: Copywriting)
Bullshit Avoid The Use Of The Word Bullshit
It is important in this new paradigm of political correctness to tone down the language a bit. In this present period if you use such words like Bullshit, even when you are describing something that definitely is complete and total BS; it makes you look just as bad as what ever you are describing. Personally I could care less because something that is BS needs to be called what it is; after all why let the people who tout such malarkey get away with it.In the old west we use to call it like it was; we called an ace, an ace and a spade, a spade. That is what it was, so that is what you called it....(related: Copywriting)
Five Steps To Online Copywriting Success
One of the most important priorities of evey online business should be their copywriting. Online copywriting skills are a "must have" for anyone who is thinking about real success with their online business.It doesn't matter if you're marketing a product, a service, a network marketing opportunity, or if you're an affiliate selling someone else's products; you need to know a little bit about online copywriting. You don't need to be an expert at it, but you should know some basics to help with constructing landing pages, content pages, or just simple ads for advertising.When I bought my first car, I made sure that I knew how to do s...(related: Copywriting)
Getting Paid For Your Articles
If you've been writing web articles to help promote your business, you may also wonder if you can write articles and get paid for it. What type of articles will land you some extra cash, and what control do you have over the resubmission of your content once you hand it over to the editors?Type 1. Magazine and Journal Articles.These articles are at least twice the length of a typical web article, in-depth, highly focused on a topic, slightly academic and ethereal in nature, and often have...(related: Copywriting)
Website Advertising: 10 Tactics To Make Your Ad Copy More Impactful
If your ad is not generating a lot of sales, the reason may be because it is not effective.Here are secret website advertising tactics to make it more impactful and therefore generate more orders:1. You could end your ad copy by telling peoplewhat will happen if they buy your product. Useyour most powerful benefit as the example.2. You could end your ad copy by telling peoplewhat will happen if they don't buy your product. Usea problem that they won't be able to solve without it.3. You could end your ad copy with a questionthey will always say yes too. They then will be usedto saying yes when you ask them to order.4. You could end your ad copy with a short reviewof your whole ad. Repeat all the major benefits andfeatures they will receive.5. You could en...(related: Copywriting)
Copywriting Tricks: Nailing The Voice
Professional copywriters are well-familiar with what's commonly referred to as "the voice." What is this exactly, and why do you need to master it in your writing?If writing is icecream, then "the voice" is the flavor in your scoop. You may be slurping on mellow vanilla, while I'm over here crunching Rocky Road. Sure, we're bothing having a cold and creamy treat, but our wa...(related: Copywriting)