16 Golden Rules Of Master Copywriting
You could spend thousands of dollars on advertisement and have extremely low or no results in sales because of your poor planed copy. You shouldn't be amazed by the fact that huge corporations all over the world do that mistake and waste millions of dollars on false advertisement campaigns.
However, how can you write good sales copy, killer ads that get the attention of people? There are no magic recipes for that, but you can follow some fundamental rules, which can lead to you to success if you adapt them properly.
1) Have a good product. Be honest and mean what you say or what you offer. Avoid the exaggerations and hyped claims. You stake your reputation and your business offline or online it doesn't make any difference.
2) Have a plan on your trial and error period. Don't expect to write your first copy and be a golden one. You will alter it many times, test it, retest it try a new one and so on. Set a schedule for that. Do not fool around.
3) AIDA. It's the proven and the bedrock of the copy process. Always follow it. AIDA
A= Attention. You must grab it instantly or you don't have a chance.
I = Interest. You grab and keep their interest. If they get bored, they will leave.
D= Desire. Interest must be transformed into desire for what you offer.
A= Action. You must convince them to act now. Not tomorrow, next week e.t.c. They will forget it few hours later.
4) Always work on your prospects emotion. Most of the people buy something emotionally and then justify it rationally.
5) Headline is the Key. If it doesn't grab their attention then they've gone away. Your headline must be a killer one.
6) Promote your best and strong benefit at first, not last. That's how you are going to create interest and then desire.
7) Tell stories. That's an excellent way to rekindle their emotion or even their passion. Stories always inspire.
8) Answer all the objections and questions you think your prospects could have. In that way you will gain their trust.
9) Use bullet points for each of your benefits and bold, italics fonts for your text. Use the underline feature but not so often.
10) Give time limit. This is an excellent tool for calling your prospects to act now!
11) Offer testimonials. It is the mother of gaining trust tools. Especially, if it is from someone important in your field.
12) Make them easy to buy. Don't let them get lost in your web site. Make it as easy as possible.
13) Avoid graphics. They won't help you. People are looking for information not images.
14) Give guarantees. Research has proved that when you have a long guarantee your client feels safer and that leads to fewer refunds too!
15) Never assume that your prospects know what you want to say. Always be specific and clear about your product or service.
16) Have your copy or ad checked by your friends, colleagues e.t.c. It's better to have other views, after all it's a part of the testing process.
Here are some great headlines and emotional triggers.
- A Little Mistake That Cost A ?? $3,477 A Year
- Do You Make These Mistakes In ?..?
- Why Some People Almost Always Make Money In The ??.
- How I Improved My ??. In One Evening.
- How I Made a Fortune with a ?.. Idea.
- 161 New Ways To ??
- How To Plan ??
- The Truth about Getting Rich.
- Dare To Be Rich
- The Secret To Being Healthy.
- How To Write A ??
Get A Better Job
Be Your Own Boss
Add Fun To Life
Copyright 2004 Christos Varsamis
About The Author
Christos Varsamis is an internet marketing consultant and the owner of the exclusive internet-marketing club www.internetmarketingsuccesstips.com. Get his knowledge at your desktop! Subscribe to email@example.com.
Magic Words That Sell And What Words To Avoid
We all know words are powerful. Whether written or spoken, according to advertising legend David Ogilvy, some of th...(related: Copywriting)
How To Write Carrot-wielding Copy!
A significant reason behind websites that fail is the lack of an effective direct response sales message. Such a message is comprised of three elements (it must be):
Freelance Writers: Double Your Income
Freelance writers are a strange group of people when it comes to running their own businesses.They are outspoken and enthusiastic while selling their clients' prod...(related: Copywriting)
12 Copywriting Tips To Make Your Advertising More Profitable
Year after year people make the same mistakes in direct-response copy and advertising. You can avoidthe most common and costly blunders by following these profit-enhancing tips...1. WRITE IN DIRECT RESPONSE LANGUAGE:* Use short paragraphs and short words. This articlehas 68% short words-five letters or less. Strive forat least 65%-75%. Never go under 50% unless you arewriting to Ph.D's.* Make your sentences and paragraphs flow like a breeze.* Ignore good grammar when you have a good reason.* Keep the bucket brigade going: Start paragraphs withAnd, But..., ...(related: Copywriting)
How Your $2-an-article Ghostwriter Is Like A Cheap Pair Of Pants
Web marketers: have you figured out that article marketing is the secret to your success on the web?And did you realize that the more web articles you put into circulation, the more of a web celebrity you'll become, and the more money will come pouring in?So what did you do after you figured...(related: Copywriting)
Lapsed Donors: How To Write A Fundraising Letter That Wins Them Back
Your definition may differ, but I define a lapsed donor as someone who has not donated to your organization within the last year, two years or three years. Donors who have not sent you a gift in over three years are not lapsed donors. They are former donors.Lapsed donors are valuable. Unlike strangers, they have supported you before. And they believe in your missio...(related: Copywriting)
The Number One Copywriting Technique That Makes Your Prospects Read Every Word You Write
How does this sound?Today, I'm going to show you how to get a fifteen page sales letter read from beginning to end and keep your prospect magnetized to *every* paragraph along the way. Impossible?The real magic behind these magnetic sales letters is not some mystical skill or secret formula but rather a simple copywriting concept that has been around longer than most of us have been alive. It's one of the Grand Secrets behind copy that gets read?and that means your pitch has been delivered? and that's how sales happen!Fortunately for you and me, the concept I'm referring to is almost a long-lost art among new copywriters. (And that's a darn shame? because it's so easy to use, once you take the time to learn the details.) So...(related: Copywriting)
Steps To A Writing An Effective Press Releases
Want to get the most media attention and spotlight for your business? Then the first place to start is with a GREAT press release. Now I can almost see half of you leaving now, dreading the thought of having to write one of these. But wait!! I'm going to show you easy methods to make your press release work for you and get the attention it deserves. Ready? Let's go.We'll briefly go over the basics because of their...(related: Copywriting)
Six Reasons You Don?t Need A Technical Writer (and Why They?re Dead Wrong!)
I know, I know. Times are tough. You have to make due with the staff you have. It's a common and valid lament in today's workplace. You've got to do more with less, so an obvious place to cut costs is in your documentation efforts. After all, writers and editors are a luxury in lean times. You're a small company and you can produce your documentation in-house, right? Think again. Hiring the right freelancer to do the job correctly the first time around could save you hundreds or thousands in help desk calls, service calls, document revision, and distribution. Here's why.1. You want someone with your i...(related: Copywriting)
How To Write Direct Mail That Really, Really Works!
So, you have something you want to sell. It may be a product, a service, or a cause. It could be a membership, a subscription, or a motor car. It might be paper, health products or the idea that the humane society or the Alzheimer's association is worth giving money to. It could be comput...(related: Copywriting)
Art Of Writing Profitable Classified Ads
The art of writing profitable classified adsEverybody wants to make money. In fact most people would like to hit upon something that makes them instantly rich! And seemingly, one of the easiest to the fulfillment of these dreams of wealth is mail order or within the profession of the business, direct mail selling.Hardly anyone gives much real though to the basic gui...(related: Copywriting)
19 Secrets To Making Your Ad Copy More Effective
The sales letter is the key; the sales letter is the key - echoes through the Internet marketing mountains.Ad copy, sales copy, sales letter, copywriting or whatever you want to call it ? the goal is the same for every Internet marketing business.Get the traffic and convert the hits into cash. And how do you do just that? With an effective sales letter.Let's find out how to make your sales letter more effective.1. Create a "teeth-pulling" headline. We live in a headline society. Ignore this fact, and you lose. With the overload of information, people don't have the time to stop at every webpage and read it. Instead, they use the headlines to direct their attention. If your headline doesn't pull them to your sales lett...(related: Copywriting)