15 Top Blog Marketing Tips
1. Place all your feeds on the following website and the directories listed on this page - http://www.rss-feeds-directory.com/blog_lists.html
2. For fast inclusion into yahoo, get yourself a "my yahoo" page - http://my.yahoo.com/ and place your rss feed on that page.
3. Have a link which allows other people to put your rss feed on their own "my yahoo" page. See "my yahoo" for details.
4. For fast inclusion to msn, also open a "my msn" account and add your rss feed to that page.
5. Place your blog on all the major search engines - http://www.thewebtrafficco.com/search_engine.html
6. Join this site and add your blog (free) - http://www.BlogExplosion.com
7. Ping your blog after every post at - http://pingomatic.com/
8. Place a "blogroll" on your blog using - www.blogrolling.com
9. Make a blog post at least every day or less. Why? - http://www.feedforall.com/why-use-rss.htm If you don't think you can write enough content on a daily basis, there are many free articles out there you can use.
10. Invite other editors/writers or webmasters to write on your blog as co-editors. Make sure you allow them to include their "resource box" at the bottom of each post and set up an "about our editors" page.
11. Place a link and description to your blog on all your websites, out going emails and any autoresponder courses you have set up.
12. Announce your blog at forums you currently use/participate in.
13. Place informative responses in the "comments" box of other highly trafficked blogs in your field of business.
14. Once you have 10 to 15 posts on your blog, announce it with a press release.
15. Download this free rss marketing ebook by top Rss expert, 'Rok Hrastnik' - http://www.rss-feeds-directory.com/rss_the_business_case.zip
Chris Taylor, online marketer, author and business owner hasbeen running successful websites since 2001. His sites andblog cover all areas of planning, setting-up and marketingyour own profitable web business.
© CATDynamics 2005
Strategic Rss Positioning: How To Hotwire Your Site To Google!
There's no denying it, the Internet has changed. The change was so subtle most people missed it. It was no g...(related: Blogging)
5 Easy Ways To Use Rss On Your Site
You hear so much talk about RSS these days on the Internet and in the media. Everyone is acknowledging it's importance in boostingyour site's presence on the web. Not to mention how it can increase your site's traffic and ranking. But what exactly is RSS and how can I actually use it on my site? Try these Five Easy Ways...First, just what is RSS?RSS stands for 'Really Simple Syndication'. Basically, RSS allows you to directly deliver your content to all interested parties... don't come to us; we will deliver the information to you or your website.It syndicates your content. It lets you send updated headlines and brief summaries to your subscribers. In a nutshell; it's simplya more efficient way t...(related: Blogging)
Rss As A Change Agent
To better understand how RSS is changing the way companies and individuals deliver and consume content on the macro scale, let us first remember how content is traditionally delivered and consumed.People subscribe to e-mail newsletters or e-mail update services to get content delivered directly to their inboxes. It's (or better yet, was) convenient, easy and simple.But, in order to get content delivered to their inboxes, they must first reveal their e-mail addresses, which are basically ID numbers that allow anyone who knows them to send...(related: Blogging)
It Really Is Simple Rss
I have 'Googlebot' coming to my site every day since a month ago I put up my first news feed, since then I have put up yet another.I never used to see 'Googlebot' much before, so it goes to show that if you want to be noticed by the search engines, you need to put up a 'news-feed'.All this re-submitting to search engines every month nonsense is just that, nonesense! I don't really think the search engines care for you to submit to them in the first place, I think that now they like to find your site on their own. Some pundits have claimed that nowadays to submit your site at all to the search engines is counter-productive and you should not do it. They say that there is much better value in allowing the search engines to find it via a 'link-back' from somew...(related: Blogging)
Dear Web Diary!
Blogging is hot and getting hotter, with more and more web logs (blogs) cropping up online by the day!Since being documented nearly a full decade ago, blogs and associated software have emerged, giving rise to this lucrative and dynamic market.Blogs are highly interactive. Publishers get to review results almost as soon as the post is made and do not have the usual moderation that appears in forums, ezines nor newsletters where they can be terminated without warning. In addition, there is usually more editorial freedom associated with blogs and the topic or content often overlooked.
The 7 Steps To Promoting Your Rss Feeds On Your Website
RSS gets 100% of your content delivered, but it's no good if no one subscribes to your feeds.So your first order of business after planning and creating your feeds has to be promoting them to your visitors.The only problem is that most internet users still don't know what RSS is, so you do have your work cut out for. But using the system outlined below you shouldn't have any problems. Actually, after implementing this system, you should be achieving better results than the majority of publishers out there.1. HOW RSS FEEDS AR...(related: Blogging)
Marketing With Blogs - Part 4
In the first three parts of this article series on marketing with blogs, I discussed the reasons why blogs are excellent tools for marketing, and provided some tips on using your ...(related: Blogging)
Rss, Feeds, And Aggregators
When you work online all the time, immersed in bits and bytes, hands automatically resting on the keyboard, where the lingua franca is a mish-mash of acronyms and abbreviations - it is easy to forget that the average person has no clue what we talk about. It can be very daunting for the Internet neophyte with all these terms, technology and hardware. That's why I wrote this. Because I don't want people to be afra...(related: Blogging)
Snob-bloggers: You Just Might Be A Snob If You Publish A Blog
You Might Be A Snob-Blogger If?According to Jupiter Research, about 2 percent of the online community has created a blog. That works out to millions and millions of blogs, and in turn, millions and millions of snobs who publish them. That's an awful lot of Snob-Bloggers!You see, in order to care enough to publish a blog, you really need to be somewhat of a snob. Before we get into the reasons why, let's look at the definition of snob.Snob ? 1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors. 2. One who affects an offensive air of self-satisfied superiority in matters of taste or intellect. (As def...(related: Blogging)
How To Activate The Firefox Live Bookmark Feature On Your Site
Live Bookmark is Mozilla's response to offering RSS feeds through their browsers and Firefox in particular. Using this technology, it's possible for any visitor to your website to add your RSS feed in only two or three steps. Browsing the RSS feeds you subscribe to is as easy as looking up a bookmark. Instead of seeing a bookmark though, you get a list of all the headlines found on the RSS feed you just subscribed to. This feature is really cool.How to Activate the Live Bookmark IconSo how do you active the live bookmark icon on a Mozilla based browser? Simple, you include the following line of text in the header of the page where you want the icon to appe...(related: Blogging)
Make Money With Your Own Blog
Well, basically, setting up a blog means that you are creating a little space of your own on the Internet where you can make posts about anything that interests you. Of course, if you are going to be blogging on a variety of topics, the best way to make money with it would be to have different blogs for different topics otherwise your blog...(related: Blogging)