10 Reasons To Put Rss On Your Site!
RSS and Blogs are the topics of the moment. Seems like everyone is talking about it. Granted, thereis too much hype about RSS and Blogs.
But where there's hype - there's interest!
And with good reason - RSS is posed to be the break out technology of 2005. Those who don't takefull advantage of it will be left behind.
If you need convincing - here are 10 reasons why you should put RSS on your site:
1. It's easy and fast! Not to mention Free! You can use a free service like eBlogger and publish your Blog and RSS feed within minutes. You can even place or publish your Blog/RSS Feed on your own site without knowing 'html' or 'xml'. It's all done for you!
Repeat - it's simple to use and very convenient. Publishing your blog is only a few clicks away. (If you need help - just use the link at the end of this article.)
2. Syndicate Your Content. RSS stands for 'really simple syndication' and it's just another way of passing along your information. With the popularity of 'MyYahoo' and the 'Firefox' browser (which has abuilt-in RSS feed reader) - syndicating your content has gotten even simpler.
The next version of Windows is reportly scheduled to have a RSS feature. If this happens - RSS will explode.
3. Get Your Content Indexed. Using blogs to publish your content is a neat way of side stepping the regularindexing procedure. It gets your content indexed very quickly in most of the search engines.
Search Engines are constantly on the lookout for 'fresh content' - these 'link rich' blogs are a good source of this content. Because blogs are on specific topics - they have a concentrated source of good quality informational material to serve up!
4. Instant Contact. Blogs give you instant contactwith your readers or viewers. We live in an 'instant'society - we want everything five minutes ago. Blogs provide this instant gratification. Readers or viewers using MyYahoo have an instant link to your information or postings.
RSS Feeds will instantly spread your information to all interested parties - bringing in targeted traffic.
5. Building Your List. People who pick up your RSS feed or add you to their MyYahoo site - become your subscribers. You are really building your contact list. Have a popular blog or RSS Feed and you can build a large targeted contact list very quickly.
It might not replace your old opt-in email list - but it can be a lucrative addition to it! Take advantage of all those targeted contacts.
6. Link Building. Blogs are link heavens! Build your links thru blogs. All these links will boost your linkpopularity and increase your search engine rankings.
Plus, by giving viewers/readers a way of adding your RSS Feed creates targeted links to your site. Thisreason alone is why your site should have RSS!
7. Viewer/Subscriber Feedback. Instant feedback from your subscribers or viewers is easy with blogs. Creatingtrust and credibility is so much easier when there isimmediate communication between the two parties.
8. Keyword Content Building. Blogs are especially good for building 'keyword targeted content' for your site. All these links will boost your keyword rankings in the search engines. Google places a high value on 'anchor text' and blogs are a good place to put all those links.
You can also start different blogs targeted at 'specific related keywords' covering the major topics of your site. Again, search engines love related keyword linking so you can boost your site's rankingsby using blogs.
9. Monetize Your Content. Blogs are an excellent wayof monetizing your content. Blog sites like Eblogger(owned by Google) even encourages you to use the'adsense code' in your blogs. If you have a popular blog - this may bring in extra income.
Plus, publishing your ezine or newsletter in a blogcan bring in revenue for months if not years to come.All those affiliate links and product promotions get indexed by the search engines and become accessible to a wider audience, i.e. market.
10. Because Everyone Else is Doing It! Might sounda bit 'Jonesish' but you do have to keep up with what other web sites are doing. To remain competitive - you MUST put RSS on your site.
Sites without the 'AddtoMyYahoo' link or the 'xml' button will be the exception rather than the rule in just a few years - if not months. It's simply another way of getting your information 'out there'. It's an opportunity and advantage that you cannotafford to miss.
Proceed without RSS at your own risk!
To add RSS to your Site within minutes - check out thissimple RSS Report and Guide.Copyright © 2004-5 Titus Hoskins of bizwaremagic.com. This article may be freely distributed if this resourcebox stays attached. Visit http://www.bizwaremagic.comfor more simple solutions to your online marketing tasks.
Use Rss To Get Your Sites Indexed Overnight
As you may know, Google has it's very own blogging service called Blogger.com. If you start a blog with them, you'll have your own page on the blogspot.com domain which is currently ranked number 32 of the most visited domains on the planet according to Alexa. What does this mean to you? If your pages are being linked to by a site with that high of a ranking, it will increase your sites ranking. But that's merely a side benefit of using this method. The real benefit o...(related: Blogging)
Seven Sizzling Ways To Turn Targeted Traffic Towards Your Blog!
Blogs are an unbelievable way to achieve success on the internet. Blogs can establish a web presence, express your opinions and generate serious profits. However, without visitors a blog is useless no matter how good the content. With thousands of blogs being created every day, you need to know exactly how to get people to your blog over everyone else's. Here are 7 breakthrough ways to bring traffic to your b...(related: Blogging)
How To Write A Blog... And Survive
Copyright © 2004 Priya ShahThe question of the day is "Should you start a Blog?"People all over the planet are blogging. Companies, CEOs, lawyers, journalists, stewardesses. Even dogs and babies.Why? Because they can. It's that simple.Blogging requires little or no learning curve. If you can type, speak into a phone, bark, chew, record a holiday movie, you can blog. Blogs have taken publishing out of the domain of those who know HTML and designing, to make this powerful tool available to the rest of us.That holiday in the Far East, your grandma's birthday, you company's lat...(related: Blogging)
Tips For A Better Rss Feed
Like anything else, a little work can pay dividends. Well-written RSS feeds are more useful to readers and result in more website traffic for the publisher. Below are several tips for making your RSS feed more effective.1. Use interesting titlesLike a book is often judged by its cover, an RSS feed item is judged by its title. Make sure your title is interesting, and try to put the most important information early in the title, since some newsreaders truncate title beyond a certian length.Also, keep in mind that some newsreaders are set to only show feed item titles. Don't assume that any feed item descriptions will be shown.2. Include keywordsSince some readers will discover your ...(related: Blogging)
Profit Pulling Niche Blogs With Wordpress
When it comes to building and creating profit pulling niche blogs niche sites) Wordpress really shines and really beat Blogger.com heads down.Wordpress is more than just a blogging software.In the past when blogging first evolved, marketers did not give it much thought...until they discovered the power of syndication through RSS feeds.With Rss feeds, they can now reach out to a target markets they normally would not have been able to.Wordpress has an in-built syndication function, unlike Blogger.com where it still needs some configuration.In addition, Wordpress has some powerful features that make it a marketer's dream tool:(a) Automatic P...(related: Blogging)
The Hybrid Blog And Ping
For the past two years, one of the best SEO inclusion tactics was the use of blogs. Blogs have become a base standard in SEO marketing, but as times change, so does the eff...(related: Blogging)
Top Ten Reason To Publish An Ezine And A Blog
Blogs are the hottest thing going these days when it comes to marketing on the Internet. A blog is a way of delivering your messages and article to clients. They are a like personal web sites, easy to create and far less expensive than traditional web sites.Just when you thought you were mastering the tasks of ezines and newsletters, along comes blogging, and you have to ask yourself:Do I really need a blog?Isn't an email ezine or newsletter doing the same thing?Should I do both?Are these two marketing tools going to eat up all my time, energy and money?What's the best way to spend my resources here so that I can get clients and results out of my marketing efforts?Here are ten reaso...(related: Blogging)
Writing Good Blogs
There's a lot of blogs out there on the Web, most of which don't entice one to go back regularly to ...(related: Blogging)
Blogging Your Way To Success Part 2
(Continued from Blogging Your Way To Success Part 1)By now, you have already configured your blog name, description, personal profile, and the page template. As soon as you set up your blogging account with Blogger, you will need to do this next:Post At Least 20 Articles=While this may sound like hard work, there is no short cut around it. This, you have to do. It is mandatory. Why?Before you start whining, let me remind you that you are in business. If you are serious enough about making your money then this should not bother you much. Now, the reason I ask of you to post at ...(related: Blogging)
Rss And Blog Marketing For Real Estate
Earlier this month, Realtor Magazine announced that they would be featuring an article about Tampa Bay Realtor John Mudd and the success he has been having in attracting prospects and media attention with his blog on real estate.Since then, many others in the Real Estate market have been curious about how to implement similar strategies to capture leads in their areas.This article is part of a series that provides insight to the unique ways that the strategy of blogging and the use of RSS and/or Atom feeds can be applied as part of your web promotion strategy.<...(related: Blogging)
Rss Meets The Needs Of Direct Marketers
Contrary to general opinion, RSS meets the needs of even the most demanding direct marketer, actually providing most of what e-mail marketing does, except for the strong push factor.Most direct marketing reasons against RSS are in fact the result of inadequate understanding of RSS by most marketers....(related: Blogging)
12 Reasons Why You Need A Blog
"Why Should I Blog? I Simply Don't Get It"This post on a popular discussion forum set me thinking - and I came up with 12 reasons you should blog.Read them and get started on your blog. Or better still, go get your blog up and running and THEN come back and read this :)#1 - You Do Not Need...(related: Blogging)
Rss As A Change Agent
To better understand how RSS is changing the way companies and individuals deliver and consume content on the macro scale, let us first remember how content is traditionally delivered and consumed.People subscribe to e-mail newsletters or e-mail update services to get content delivered directly to their inboxes. It's (or better yet, was) convenient, easy and simple.But, in order to get content delivered to their inboxes, they must first reveal their e-mail addresses, which are basically ID numbers that allow anyone who knows them to send...(related: Blogging)