10 Benefits Of Being A Blogger
I have been a blogger since September 2004 but only began to take it seriously this year. My blogging journey began when I stumbled upon a company owned by Google named Blogger.com that offered free tools to build a website.
In fact Blogger provides you with free several templates which you can customize in addition to a domain name hosted on their server. You can host your blog on your domain if you like to. Here are some benefits I found while blogging:
1) Easy to manage. A blog can be set up by even a novice in no time. All you have to do is post and publish. Blogging can get as simple as that or even more complex.
2) Easy to update. Blogs can be updated weekly or daily instead of sometimes monthly for a static website. Even adding a few paragraphs a day can be done in no time and can be beneficial to your search rankings.
3) Get spidered quickly. Search engine spiders crawl blogs with greater frequency than static webpages. I have had webpages that took over eight months to be indexed in Google where as Yahoo sometimes index my blogs in weeks sometimes days.
4) If you write articles then you can post all of them on your blog in addition to free reprint content that is widely available everwhere. The more content you have the better.
5) You can get your website indexed quicker. An article or a piece of news about your website with an optimize anchor link will send the spiders your way in no time.
6) Sell advertising space. If you have a popular blog then you can create a revenue stream by selling ad space. Blogads is one of several places where you can sell your ad space to major companies.
7) Similar to offering ad space, you can add Adsense to your blog to monetize your content. What I love about Blogger is that once you plug in the Adsense code into your main template, a new page is created and Adsense is automatically displayed when you make a post.
8) Review your affiliate products. If you have a blog that is in a niche then you can find affiliate programs for that niche and do reviews of them for a commission. Every time someone purchases the product or service through your link you make money.
9) It is still early to catch on. Blogs and RSS feeds are used by the minority of internet users which makes it excellent for you to start blogging right now. Less than 10% of the Americans which is the biggest online market use this emerging trend.
10) Can be syndicated. An easy way for your readers to stay in touch with updates is to add your blog to their My Yahoo and My MSN. They can see the latest information and how long ago it was added.
11) Yes a bonus! Savvy marketers know that if you add your blogs to My Yahoo you can have it indexed in no time by Yahoo. You can use these two websites to inform blog directories thatyou have updated your content.
So with all those benefits in mind there is no reason you should not start your own blog. So when do you decide to go blogging?
© Oceanroc Web Publishing
Nicholas Dixon has successfully use free articles as his primarysource of marketing. Subscribe to his Free Four Day Email Course on how to use free articles to generate business and traffic atSubmitYourArticles@Getresponse.com or visithttp://WWW.Oceanroc.Blogspot.com
Blogging For Dollars
Blogging for dollars might sound like the latest game show or some new drinking game, but it's the latest craze to hit the Internet. Bloggers began blogging for a number of reasons, but as the blog movement has increased in popularity, they have found ways to monetize their blogs and are seeing their commitment pay off.Whether a blogger's focus is to communicate with customers or just to have fun, they have begun looking at ways to earn revenue ...(related: Blogging)
Article Marketing For Bloggers - 4 Tips To Build Traffic For Your Blog
Bloggers blog. That's what they do. A blog is short for 'weblog' and it's really an online journal that can be updated easily and frequently without any knowledge of HTML code.Traditionally, article marketing has been used by authors who are promoting their books or information products. Lately, I've noticed a growing trend of bloggers using article marketing to grow the ...(related: Blogging)
Make Money With Your Own Blog
Well, basically, setting up a blog means that you are creating a little space of your own on the Internet where you can make posts about anything that interests you. Of course, if you are going to be blogging on a variety of topics, the best way to make money with it would be to have different blogs for different topics otherwise your blog...(related: Blogging)
4 Fail-proof Ways To Increase Your Rss Subscribers
Using RSS on your website is a good way to spread your company message and increase your search engine position. But if you don't have subscribers to your newsfeed, the benefits of news syndication are lost.This article will provide you with 4 proven ways to increase the subscribers to your newsfeed.1. Use an RSS Auto-Discovery TagEmbedding an RSS auto-discovery tag into your webpage can allow newsreaders to automatically detect you serve RSS newsfeeds. Web browsers such as Firefox and Safari now detect RSS automatically, and ask the visitor if he or she wants to subscribe to your feed. This way, you don't have to push your RSS feed - the web browser does it for you. Also, Yahoo search results will include an "Add to My Yahoo" link if you use an auto-discovery tag.Global Syndication of...(related: Blogging)
The Viability Of Blogging To A Niche Market
Niche marketing is an old and very successful marketing strategy whereby a company focuses on marketing and selling to a clearly defined ...(related: Blogging)
Marketers Still Dont Get Rss Metrics - How We Really Can Measure Rss
Even after all that's been written and explained, even reputable online marketing publications such as ClickZ still don't get RSS metrics.In an otherwise good RSS marketing article, Add RSS to Your Marketing Mix, Heidi Cohen has this to say about RSS metrics:"From a marketing perspective, RSS's measurability is still evolving and therefore limited. You can't tell who has received your feeds as you can with e-mail."Yes, RSS's measurability is still evolving and probably will evolve beyond e-mail metrics. In some ways it already has ...And it's al...(related: Blogging)
How To Build A Niche Site With A Blog
Building niche sites is all the rage these days.The basic strategy is very simple. Find a niche market that isn't oversaturated. Develop a list of related keywords people are searching on. Then write an article optimized for each one of your keywords. Once you have your articles, upload them to your site. Monitize your site with affilia...(related: Blogging)
Using Rss For Publishing And Syndication
There are two reasons why you would want to use RSS as a webmaster and that is for publishing and syndicating your content. If you publish your content via an RSS channel then you can keep your subscribers notified of changes to your site, announcements and news. Publishing an RSS feed for syndication means that your are offering your content...(related: Blogging)
Blogging Policies, Does Your Business Need One?
Weblogs or Blogs as they are more commonly referred to, have become extremely popular in the last several years. So popular in fact that many large businesses are lettin...(related: Blogging)
Rss, Feeds, And Aggregators
When you work online all the time, immersed in bits and bytes, hands automatically resting on the keyboard, where the lingua franca is a mish-mash of acronyms and abbreviations - it is easy to forget that the average person has no clue what we talk about. It can be very daunting for the Internet neophyte with all these terms, technology and hardware. That's why I wrote this. Because I don't want people to be afra...(related: Blogging)
Rss - The Making Of A Feed
Everyday more and more websites, news services and blogs are adding RSS content. RSS is a method of syndicating content.The concept of aggregating content in one central location or repository is very appealing. Consumers have become tired of push technology, RSS allows users the flexibility to regain control of their content. RSS feed creators provide content without forcing it on consumers. In fact with RSS consumers are able to choose the content they wish to view.How to Make an RSS FeedRSS feeds contain wh...(related: Blogging)
Why Wordpress Is Now My Blog Of Choice
The more I use Wordpress, the more I love it. It has 2 very important features that Blogger doesn't yet support.Number 1, you can set up Wordpress to automatically ping all the RSS and blog feed directories every time you make a post. This is a very powerful feature if you want your blog to get a lot of traffic right away. On top of that, you'll be quickly developing backlinks to your blog almost automatically.Think about how long it can take you to build a regular site, get the search engines to index it, get backlinks to improve your listings, and then start getting traffic. A blog like Wordpress can do all that "grunge" work for you automatically.Number 2, Wordpress allows the use of Categories. Categories are a very powerful way to improve the structure of your site both for human visitors and for the search eng...(related: Blogging)