8 Spray Tanning Tips
With the recent surge in the popularity of tanning, many people are flocking to salons to use tanning booths or beds to build and maintain a healthy tan, but some people are still leery of the effects of ultraviolet light, and other people simply cannot afford to pay for tanning sessions.
One of the best alternatives to indoor tanning is sunless tanning, which offers a realistic looking tan from a bottle. These products come in cream, gel, or spray-on form, and there are benefits and drawbacks to each. If you choose spray-on sunless tanning, a number of things can be done to improve the results. You can have your tan sprayed on at a tanning salon, or you can apply it yourself.
Whichever option you choose, here are a few tips for spray tanning, to make sure the application goes smoothly.
1. Exfoliate - All the self-tanner in the world will do you no good if it attaches itself to dead skin that is about to come off your body! Use a loofah sponge in the bath the night before you self-tan to remove these dead skin cells.
2. Moisturize - Applying a good moisturizer a few hours before you self tan is a great way to make sure your skin is ready to accept the self-tanner.
3. Choose your clothes carefully - You should pick clothes that cover all the parts you do not wish to tan. Self-tanning nude is not recommended for newcomers, because the results can be unpredictable. Make sure you select tight fitting clothes so that the self-tanner cannot go under your sleeves. You should also choose dark colored clothes, since spray tanners will stain light clothes.
4. Use gloves - Nobody looks good with orange palms, so when you spray tanner on your hands in order to tan your face, don a pair of latex gloves to prevent stains.
5. If you are going to a tanning salon, follow the instructions! Self-tanning booths typically have a handout, so read up, and make sure you know what to do!
6. BLOT - After applying your spray tan, you will need to blot your skin with a towel to catch any drips.
7. Stand still - Standing still for about 30 seconds after a self-tanning booth application will ensure that your tan dries evenly. While it may take a lot longer to dry completely, the first minute or more is when you run a real risk of rubbing off the self-tanner before it has a chance to work.
8. Protect your feet - Because they typically get less sun than the rest of you, your feet are paler and may get dark faster. If you are spraying yourself, go lightly on the feet. If you are using a booth, use the paper booties (usually offered by staff) to protect your feet and apply a self-tanner later on to ensure you get the right shade.
© 2004-2005 www.Tanning-Advisor.com. All rights reserved.
About The Author
Angie Maroevich is an athlete, arts and crafts enthusiast, and a tanning salon owner in Petaluma, California. Her articles on skin care and tanning advice can be found at http://www.tanning-advisor.com.
The Skin Care Benefits Of Azulene
Azulene is a constituent of the volatile oil obtained by steam distillation from Chamomile, Anthemis nobilis (Roman Chamomile), Achillea millefolium (Yarrow), or Tanacetum anuum (Blue tansy), and it is distinguished by it's spectacular blue colour. Azulenes are unsaturated blue hydrocarbons, isomer...(related: Beauty)
Indoor Tanning Beds - All You Wanted To Know!
So you are nearing the end of your search for the formula to look the modern day Adonis or Helen. Good news. Your search stops right here with Indoor tanning beds!! Read on to know more about indoor tanning beds, tanning accessories and purchase options for your tanning beds.Of all the possible options of indoor tanning beds, the horizontal for...(related: Beauty)
Hyaluronic Acid Vs. Collagen - A Growing Debate
The debate continues as to whether Hyaluronic acid or collagen is the best option for facial i...(related: Beauty)
What Are Pigtails?
There really isn't a huge debate on this subject, but there are some differences of opinion. This article looks at some of the differing opinions related to pigtails hairstyle definition, attempts to find some middle ground (perhaps unsuccessfully), and closes with this author's own definition and description of the ideal pigtails.A ponytail is when the hair is tied together into a bunch and hanging from the back of the head. Most would agree on that. But if that ponytail is braided, is it still a ponyta...(related: Beauty)
How To Co-wash Natural Black Hair
If you wear your hair natural, you are probably familiar with co-washing, or washing the hair with conditioner only. Conditioner washing avoids harsh results from frequent washing with shampoos and helps to keep natural black hair soft and manageable. Co-washing can be done as often as you'd like, even several times a day (this is a plus for natural hair wearers in the hot days of summer).Oftentimes the question of "How do I ...(related: Beauty)
Skin Care: Organic, Natural Or Scientifically Advanced ? Which Is Best?
In an age where fear of water impurities has millions drinking bottled water, and concerns about genetically engineered corn has others searching for "natural food sources", many people are also wondering what type...(related: Beauty)
Cheap Colored Contacts Non Perscription Are Fun And Easy To Buy Online
The Internet has provided an ideal forum for discovering cheap colored contacts non perscription. This is an especially prom...(related: Beauty)
The Benefits Of Clip-on Hair Extensions
We all need a change every now and then. From our clothes to the music we listen to, a little bit of variety is great sometimes. So, why should we have the same hairstyle day in and day out? With hair extensions, we can look and feel like a new person -- any time we want to.Regular hair ...(related: Beauty)
7 Steps To Great Makeup
1. Avoid wearing too muchMakeup is meant to enhance features not bring negative attention to you. That's what wearing too much makeup will do; it will bring you unwanted attention. Don't wear too much of anything such as:1. Eyeliner: dark, thick eyeliner will make you look overdone and will ruin the rest of your makeup.2. Mascara: too much mascara looks fake and will flake. It looks especially bad if worn with thick eyeliner or dark blue eye eye shadow.3. Foundation: Make sure your foundation is the same color as your skin. Foundation is meant to protect and give the face a smo...(related: Beauty)
New York Laser Hair Removal Clinics Are All The Rage
Laser hair removal: New Yorkers are in love with it. With no time to spare, New Yorkers find that laser hair removal is a quick and efficient way to clear their faces, backs, legs, armpits and bikini lines of that unwanted hair. The latest machines allow specialists to remove hair from virtually any part of the body, as long as it is fully grown hair and not just peach fuzz. After six months of treatment, you can expect that somewhere between 60 to 95 percent of the treated hair will be gone.Where can I find a New York laser hair removal clinic?Ask your friends and relatives who have undergon...(related: Beauty)
6 Ways To Destroy A Beautiful Complexion
Women (and men. too) spend billions of dollars trying to make their complexions look great. Sometimes their efforts are se...(related: Beauty)
No Flab With That Blouse Is So Necessary
A guide to toning up flabby arms
by Cathy Gatson
With Spring in the air and Summer just around the corner?it will soon be time to "change clothes and go"?sleeveless. If you've been shopping lately, you may have noticed many of the blouses, tops and dresses for Spring/Summer are haltered, strapless, or sleeveless, exposing lots of skin. The styles are sexy but flabby arms are not. If the backs of your arms are waving in the wind, then here are the most recommended and easiest exercises that I've found to improve muscle tone to your arms, shoulders and chest just in time for ...(related: Beauty)