7 Tips For Great Skin At Any Age
1. Cleanse your face twice a day - Did you know that every time you don't wash off accumulated dirt and environmental 'stuff' at night, you age your skin 27 days? You can help prevent some premature signs of aging by making sure you cleanse your face every morning and night. In the morning, you are washing off the residue of the cell renewal process, which occurs primarily at night. In the evening, you're cleansing off the day's effects on your skin, including exposure to pollution, sun, wind and office building air.
2. Use a skin care system - Putting together a cleanser, toner and moisturizer from what's on sale at the chain drugstore down the street is a recipe for disaster where your skin is concerned. Use a skin care system with products that are designed and formulated to work together, and you'll get much better results. Even you die-hard soap and water users could benefit from use of a skin care system. No more guess work about which product is the best for your particular type of skin, or wondering what to do when you run out and your drugstore no longer carries your "favorite" product. Gentlemen, this means you as well!
3. Eat a balanced diet - Yes, we all know that a balanced diet is the healthy thing to do, but did you also realize that a balanced diet helps with the moisture balance and the condition of your skin? Start with a minimum of 8 - 12 glasses of water each and every day, and follow up with lots of fruits and vegetables. Continue with a basic low-fat diet (but don't starve yourself!) and good-quality protein, and you'll have a recipe for not only good health, but also great skin!
4. Be gentle - Use a very light touch on your facial skin at all times. If you're used to rubbing your face or eyes vigorously (if you have allergies, itchy eyes or sensitive skin) you could be aggravating the condition. The skin on your face is very delicate, and the skin under your eyes is the most delicate of all! Never rub under your eyes. If they itch, try a cold compress or washcloth, or a cotton pad moistened with toner or witch hazel. Aggressive rubbing during your cleaning routine can also cause damage. Use a gentle touch on your face at all times.
5. Moderation in alcohol consumption - Alcoholic drinks tend to enlarge the blood vessels near the surface of your facial skin, and prolonged alcohol consumption or abuse can damage your skin. The overall health effects can be very negative, and they'll show up first in your face!
6. Get your ZZZZ's ? The majority of cell repair and generation performed by your body's systems happens when you are at rest. If you're not getting enough sleep, your skin can't renew itself. Find the right sleep balance for you by tracking how you feel when you sleep 6 - 8 hours versus 4 - 6 hours over a 7 to 10 day period. When you feel your best for an extended period, that may be the right sleep level and amount for you. Try to ensure proper rest by winding down from the day's stressful activities so that you can fall asleep easily and rest completely.
7. Watch out for nature! - Blustery days with lots of wind can cause your skin to become dry and tight. We often protect our skin from winter's chill winds, ice and snow, but windy days in any season can cause skin damage. If you're riding in a fast-moving vehicle, or with the window down, make sure to moisturize your skin before and after the ride, especially if you notice any tightness. In fact, don't wait for the tightness to appear, take extra care with your skin every single day!
Follow these tips to help give you great skin at any age!
About the Author: Dianne M. Daniels is an Image & Color Coach, Consultant and Professional Speaker, and the author/publisher of "Polish & Presence: 31 Days to a New Image". She has helped individuals refine and define their personal and professional image, along with corporations and organizations. Learn how to create your Personal Climate for Personal and Professional Success at http://www.imageandcolor.com
Tanning Bed Lotion
Apply a tanning bed lotion an hour before and immediately after every tanning session. Tanning bed lotions protect your skin and help to accelerate the tanning process.Tanning bed lotions contain tyrosine, an amino acid that stimulates production of the skin pigment melanin. Tyrosine assists the UVB rays in stimulating melanin production. UVA rays oxidize the melanin, producing color.Many tanning bed lotions contain Vitamin E. The anti-oxidant effects of Vitamin E, as well as those of ...(related: Beauty)
How To Buy Tanning Bed Supplies Online
New enthusiasts are often confused over tanning beds andsupplies because of issues related to compatibility andavailability. However, there are various online stores thatoffer a large range of tanning bed supplies at affordable...(related: Beauty)
Indoor Tanning Beds - All You Wanted To Know!
So you are nearing the end of your search for the formula to look the modern day Adonis or Helen. Good news. Your search stops right here with Indoor tanning beds!! Read on to know more about indoor tanning beds, tanning accessories and purchase options for your tanning beds.Of all the possible options of indoor tanning beds, the horizontal for...(related: Beauty)
Reversing The Aging Process
Many scientists would say that we don't know what is responsible for the aging process. Others...(related: Beauty)
The Ultimate Beauty Tip: Good Posture
When you think of projecting a professional image, do you consider your posture? Most people don't think of it, but the way we stand, sit, and move affects just how professional we look. So, if we take the time to wear the clothing that best suits us, get the most flattering hairstyle and perfect our makeup, then it would make sense that we wouldn't want to ruin our look by having poor posture. And that's what poor posture will do ? it will ruin an otherwise professional look.There are other advantages to having good posture:<...(related: Beauty)
Want To Try On That New Hair Style Before You Get It?
Hair Styles Cuts And Dos Review:Description: Hair Style Editor, Photo Uploading, Hair Style Gallery with 3,950 photos of short, medium, long, and updo photos for women.Subscription Price: $9.99Subscription Term: AnnualPayments Accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Secure connectionCurrent Number of Members: 25,291User-Friendly: YesGuarantees: Satisfaction guaranteed! If you don't like it, you get a refund! If for any reason within 30 days, you are not satisfied with your membership we will refund your money, no questions ask...(related: Beauty)
Treating Ingrown Hairs -- Product Comparison
Ingrown hairs occur when hairs that have been waxed or shaved or otherwise removed grow back without exiting the follicle. These hairs coil under the skin and create unsightly and painful bumps or whiteheads.Similarly, razor bumps (ps...(related: Beauty)
An Introduction To Sunless Tanning
When the weather starts to warm up and the days get longer, we are all drawn outdoors to enjoy the sun. Many will recall seemingly endless hours outdoors, soaking up the sun's rays without a care. Unfortunately, sunbathing isn't as carefree an a...(related: Beauty)
The Truth About Home Made Facials
I started making facial masks after reading several books on natural cosmetics. Common ingredients used in home made facials are eggs, lemon, milk, honey, cucumber, tomato, essential oils and lots more fruits, herbs and other ingredients. The assumption I had was that home made cosmetics, being all natural and preservative free were much safer than the commercial masks you found in stores. A wrong assumption. You know the saying. Never assume anything. It mak...(related: Beauty)
Help Prevent Wrinkles Through Dieting
How many times has your mother told you, you are what you eat? As you probably know, Mom knows best. So it's no surprise that what we feed our bodies does affect what the final product is. For healthier, younger skin it's no different. But what should we eat in order to have the radiant skin we all covet? Here is a list of simple things we can all incorporate into our diet to help fend off wrinkles.Fish Meat. Salmon especially. Fish meat is stock full of protein. Consuming ...(related: Beauty)
Should You Get Hair Extensions?
Are you sick and tired of your current hair style and want to change it immediately? Hair extensions can add instant length volume, thickness or highlights to your hair in just a few hours. They can be attached to your natural hair using many different methods available today. For example, there is bonding, cold and warm fusion, sew-in, braid-in, heat-sealed in and even clipped in. The hair that is used can be synthetic or human and varies in price and quality. The method of attachment often times dictates the type of hair that will be used.Hair extensions can be a little pricey, especially if you are going for quality. You definitely get what you pay for with hair extensions, as t...(related: Beauty)
Lens Materials Found On Sunglasses
Did you know that there are multiple types of lens materials used on glasses of all types? Most people would give you a blank stare if asked about some of the names below. It's true; glass isn't the only stuff in town.In this article I will go over the most common materials used to make lenses, as well as th...(related: Beauty)
Beating Dry Skin And Dandruff The Natural Way
For most of my life I've struggled with dry skin and dandruff. I've gone through every cream and shampoo available on the market without any acceptable results. I started to look to diet and more alternative practices for help. I've realized that it is possible to find solutions to dry skin and dandruff through diet, in combination with other health models, such as the Eastern practice of Ayurvedic medicine.Ayurvedic is an ancient medical system from India which empasizes more natural paths to healing through diet, massage and holistic remedies. It classifies individuals according to a metabolic body type or dosha...(related: Beauty)