7 Tips For Beautiful Skin
For most women, part of their morning and evening routines involve a skincare regimen of applying creams, moisturizers, tonics, lotions, and the like. Why do women put themselves through this? To combat the signs of aging, and to maintain youthful looks and beautiful skin! However, how many women consider what is in the products they are using?
Some women probably do not realize that what they are putting on their skin may actually be undermining what they are trying to prevent to begin with. In fact the average woman puts twelve products on her skin daily, most of which maintain harmful chemical preservatives. Dr. Myron Wentz, founder and chairperson of USANA Health Sciences has this to say about beauty in the June/July 2005 issue of the "USANA Health Sciences" magazine: "Some say that beauty is only skin deep. Nonsense! I believe that true beauty is a reflection of true health, and true health begins deep inside each and every cell in the body. But true health and true beauty have an outer component, which is why we require protection from environmental insults such as solar radiation, pollutants in our environment and the drying effects of air. . . The fact is, you simply cannot contain a healthy body if your skin isn't healthy. And your skin can't be healthy if your are subjecting it to toxic substances that are ultimately absorbed into your body."
So, what can women do? How can they combat environmental pollutants, the affect of solar radiation, and the drying effects of air? How can they be sure they are using the very best products on their skin so they can be healthy inside and out? Here are 7 tips to assist in this process:
1. Be very aware of what is in skincare products. Use products that are all natural as much as possible.
2. Look for products that contain Dermal Surface Renewal Technology. DSR smoothes away existing signs of aging such as laugh lines, crows feet, and dullness.
3. Use products that have regenisomes. Regenisomes penetrate the skin to speed cell renewal after sun exposure. They also use the light of photosomes to undo sun damage, and have ultrasomes to renew skin while sleeping.
4. Find products with Proteo-C and Proflavonol-T. These two vitamins protect the skin from premature aging caused by the sun, pollution, and other environmental factors. They also provide advanced nutrition to the skin to keep it appearing smooth and firm.
5. If possible, use products that are paraben free. Parabens are synthetic chemical preservatives that are widely used in personal care products such as shampoos, conditioners, hair styling products, make-up, facial masks, skin lotions and creams, and deodorants. They also are typically found in baby lotions, shampoos, and other personal care products for infants and children. In addition, parabens are in many foods and pharmaceutical products. Researchers are beginning to find parabens in benign and malignant human breast tumors. While some studies have challenged their toxicity in many products and question their long term affect on humans, using products that are paraben free can eliminate the risk of exposure to this harmful chemical.
6. Drink plenty of water! Water hydrates skin and hair as well as flushes toxins out of the body.
7. Limit stress or learn to manage it effectively. Stress is harmful both emotionally and physically. Find that stress reliever activity that works best and use it on a daily basis!
Follow the above 7 tips to true beauty and health.
Monique Hawkins is an associate with USANA Health Sciences. One of her passions is supporting and encouraging others to maintain optimal health and wellness. She also has recently started an online store selling music boxes. Visit her USANA site http://www.whyusana.com/mhawkins and her music box site at http://www.my-music-box.com
Facial Skin Care Tips For Your Type Of Skin
With all the skin care tips and information today, you might think it's very confusing! All you want is what is best for your skin. It may be overwhelming for you to try to keep up with the constantly evolving technology.Skin care tip #1 - your skin is unique. If your best friend uses "the most powerful product," it may do nothing for you, or you might even h...(related: Beauty)
What Diet Your Skin Needs: Find Out!
There is no denying the fact that appropriate diet not only benefits your health, but also your SKIN. A stressful life (inadequate care) and unhealthy eating ar...(related: Beauty)
A Beauty Salon Will Help You Look Your Best!
A beauty salon will help you look your very best with a price that will fit in almost any budget. A beauty salon will be able to make your hair, skin, toes, and fingernails look marvelous. In addition, most beauty salons offer their services for a fairly reasonable price. However, sometimes it may be difficult to choose what service you want. If that is the case, simply be on the lookout for any fashion style that you like. Look through magazines and cut out photos of styles and colors that you find pleasing. Take notes so that when you do go to a beauty salon, you will know exactly what you want. However, be aware that some beauty salons are better than others. To make sure that you are in high-quality beauty salon, check to see if it has clean beauty salon equipment and a clean work area. Also, be aware that in...(related: Beauty)
The Cost Of Hair Extensions
Hair extensions can be added to your own natural hair to add length, volume, and body. They can also be an easy, non-chemical way to add highlights or lowlights. Hair extensions can be a one-night change or one that lasts six months.How much do hair extensions cost? The price can vary widely, depending on type of hair and method used. Synthetic hair co...(related: Beauty)
Breast Implants Cost And Quality
If you've finally made the decision to undergo breast augmentation surgery, you now are faced with the practical and financial decisions of cosmetic surgery. Safety is of course a primary concern, but the cost of plastic surgery is a gr...(related: Beauty)
Can You Be Too Feminine?
I have a client, I'll call Julie. She's a beautiful and fit woman that I'm working with on the phone. She's polite and sweet and extremely smart. I enjoy her immensely and she'...(related: Beauty)
How To Achieve Younger Looking Skin
HEALTHY SKIN BEGINS WITH THE BASICS.Overexposure to the sun causes wrinkles and premature aging.The most important thing you can do to help minimize wrinkles is to stay out of the sun. If you suntan now, you will pay for it later. Over time, exposure to the sun causes permanent damage to your skin. This causes freckling, dark spots, wrinkles, and thickening or roughening of the skin, and you can end up looking years older than your actual age. More seriously, it can also lead to s...(related: Beauty)
Lanolin For Dummies - Benefits Of Lanolin
Lanolin n.Fatty substance obtained from wool. [German : from Latin lana (wool) + oleum (oil)]Wool oil, also referred to as 'wool grease' and 'wool fat', originates as a unique substance, similar to wax, secreted from special glands in sheep's skin. This substance migrates to the wool and offers natural protection to the animal against harsh weather and climatic conditions.Wool oil is washed from th...(related: Beauty)
Japanese Hair Straightening
By now, I'm sure you've heard of the hair straightening process invented in Japan that has swept America and made countless women forever grateful to it's hair-transforming powers. It goes by several different names - Japanese Straightening, Thermal Reconditioning, Straight Perm, and Japanese Straight Perm. So, what exactly can you expect after a thermalreconditioning service? Well, it's actually nothing short of miraculous, if you choose the right product and stylist.I had my treatment done at a Japanese salon in Ohio that specializes in this service. After about six hours of sitting in the salon, being alternately shampooed, heated under ...(related: Beauty)
8 Spray Tanning Tips
With the recent surge in the popularity of tanning, many people are flocking to salons to use tanning booths or beds to build and maintain a healthy tan, but some people are still leery of the effects of ultraviolet light, and other people simply cannot afford to pay for tanning sessions.
Eyelid Plastic Surgery
Blepharoplasty, commonly known as eyelid surgery, is a cosmetic procedure that removes excess fat, skin and muscle from the area around the eyes. As people age, their skin loses elasticity, they accumulate more fat and their muscles lose tone. This aging process can make the arms or stomach or breasts sag, but on the...(related: Beauty)