3 Easy Tips To Keep Your Skin Healthy
There are plenty of articles out there about what to do to make your skin look young again. But what if you still have it? How do young women keep their skin looking the way it is now well into the future? The following five easy tips can help you keep your youthful glow.
1. Use Sunscreen, Never Tan. It's hard for young women to resist the warm glow that a few hours of tanning can bring. But the damage that it does beneath the surface accumulates over time--ultimately leaving the skin dull and thin. By the time premature aging becomes evident, significant amounts of damage has taken place below the surface. Rather than a week of beauty, think of long-term beauty. If you really want to give your skin an added glow, try shimmering lotions and makeups. Or, for a darker look, try artificial tanners (but be careful, they can sometimes leave you looking more orange than tan). Don't forget that you can experience the damaging effects of the sun even if you aren't deliberately trying to tan. Make applying sunscreen part of your daily routine. Purchasing moisturizers with sunscreen already in them can help. Remember, only 15 minutes of sun exposure each day provides you with the vitamin D you need to stay healthy.
2. Eat the Right Foods. You've always heard the phrase "You are what you eat" and that is exactly right when talking about your skin! What you eat is not just relevant to your weight. It also affects the health of your skin. Clinical studies have shown that eating diets rich in fatty acids and antioxidants can help skin retain its youthful appearance. Foods good for your skin include fish, vegetables, whole grains and fruits including all kinds of berries. Antioxidants in the diet may help reduce the appearance of age spots. Fatty acids are one of the components of metabolic processes within the body that are also integral to the maintenance of healthy skin. Making these foods a part of your daily diet can benefit you for years to come.
3. Clean and Moisturize! Don't neglect your skin. For normal skin, a gentle daily cleanser is all you need. Using a washcloth needlessly pulls and tears at the skin. Cleanse your skin with your fingers using gentle, circular motions, paying particular attention not to stretch the delicate eye area. Moisturizing the skin is also important to protect it from the effects of the elements including wind, pollution, and sun (if it is a sunscreen moisturizure). Not only does it protect the skin from the outside, but also helps it to retain its natural moisture from the inside. Keep in mind that spending a lot of money is not necessary. If your skin is oily or you have a problem with acne, use products designed specifically for your skin type. You may want to consult a dermatologist to seek prescription treatments. Never attempt to pop your pimples. This will increase the size of your pores and possibly cause scaring.
Essentially, if your skin is young, value it! Taking simple precautionary steps can help keep it that way. Think of the benefits of having healthy skin in the future. Use sunscreen, eat healthy, and following a daily skin regimine. You don't need alot of money to keep your skin healthy. All it takes is common sense and good lifestyles choices.
Getting Rid Of Cellulite - The Best Anti Cellulite Creams, Treatments And Remedies
It is estimated that about 95% of all women have cellulite. That is a staggering number, and seems almost impossible to beat! We are lucky enough to live in an age where cosmetic and "nutraceutical" technology is becoming so advanced, getting rid of cellulite is becoming easier, more affordable, and faster.We have several anti cellulite creams, treatments and even anti cellulite herbal supplements and cellulite remedies at our disposal to add to our anti cellulite arsenal. Getting rid of cellulite is an uphill battle, and as of yet there are no "permanent" fixes, but there are ways to effectively and dramatically reduce cellulite and smooth those puckered, spongy areas into submission.Getting rid of cellulite is easier and so much more effective with more than one method of cellulite tr...(related: Beauty)
The Manicure - More Than Pretty Nails!
Pretty and well cared for hands are more than a delight to the eye. In the business world the two things often considered the most important in presenting yourself, are a good pair of shoes...(related: Beauty)
The Importance Of Moisturizing
The age of your skin has no bearing on whether you should moisturize. Even women in their 20s should us a good moisturizer to keep their skin young and supple for many years, and of course to help stave off those wrinkles.Dry skin can occur at any age. When your skin is dry it is unable to retain enough moisture. Dry skin results in flaking, red blotchy patches, and it may be itchy. There are many causes of dry skin ranging from cold dry air especially in the winter months, to medication you are taking, to hormones.Research has also shown that yo-yo dieting can cause severe stretches to skin resulting in lost elasticity. This can cause the face to wrinkle and sag prematurely. Sun tanning is also known for causing premature aging and wrinkling of the skin.Experts believe...(related: Beauty)
The Secret To Shiny Hair
I'm sure you've seen on TV the Pantene commercial where the hair shines like a mirror. I don't know why other hair commercials don't do the same thing with all that shine.I do like the Pantene shampoo because there is silk in it.For one thing, what I learned going to cosmetology school is that you need to shampoo your hair 2 times to get the crap out of your hair. The first time you shampoo your hair, you bring the dirt up to the surface, and the 2nd time you shampoo, you get all the residual dirt out of your hair. The second time you shampoo your hair, just use a dime size amount.<...(related: Beauty)
Contact Lens Cases ? Caring For Them The Right Way
A patient of mine called me a few weeks ago complaining that her eyes were hurting. I told her to come by the office and I would check her out. After looking at her eyes, I noticed some redness and slight corneal swelling. This concerned me because she was a fairly new patient who had just recently begun wearing contact lens within the past three months.After administering some tests and gathering some information, it was determined that the source of her eye irritation...(related: Beauty)
A wellness of beauty for mind, body & spirit
by Cathy Gatson
"When the well is dry, then we know the worth of water", unfortunately many
of us take it for granted.
The significance of water is so m...(related: Beauty)
How To Become A Dental Assistant
Becoming a dental assistant offers one of the fastest educational paths to entering the rapidly expanding healthcare field.Dental Assistant Job DescriptionDental assistants provide support functions for dentists including assisting with dental procedures, lab work and office functions.When helping with patient's dental procedures, a dental assistant may be involved with:
- Preparing dental instruments
- Gathering patient's dental records
- Handing instruments to dentist during patient procedures Keeping the patient's mouth dry during procedures Instructing patients on proper oral healthcare
- Taking and preparing x-rays
- Applying anesthetics
Is Cosmetic Surgery Right For You?
For many of us, we go through most of our lives paying minimal attention to our skin. Sure, we moisturize and hopefully use our SPF30 on a regular basis but pamperingour skin on a daily basis is not practical for most people.Then one day we wake up and notice that the face we've paid little attention to over the years has just started looking a littl...(related: Beauty)
Home Tanning Beds Are A Great Investment
If you're like many of us and just have to have that suntan whether it's August or January then you should seriously think about buying a home tanning bed. Home tanning beds are a great investment.You can purchase home tanning beds online, from salons that are upgrading, from many retail outlets, and sometime out of your local papers classified ads.The prices on home tanning beds vary depending on the make, m...(related: Beauty)
The Ultimate Beauty Tip: Good Posture
When you think of projecting a professional image, do you consider your posture? Most people don't think of it, but the way we stand, sit, and move affects just how professional we look. So, if we take the time to wear the clothing that best suits us, get the most flattering hairstyle and perfect our makeup, then it would make sense that we wouldn't want to ruin our look by having poor posture. And that's what poor posture will do ? it will ruin an otherwise professional look.There are other advantages to having good posture:<...(related: Beauty)
Led Photo Rejuvenation/intense Pulsed Light/infra-red Light Affects Skin Rejuvenation
LED Photo Rejuvenation,Intense Pulsed Light or Infra-Red Lightand it's Affects on Skin RejuvenationIn order for your skin to continue to exist, it has to constantly reproduce new cells to take the place of the ones that are being shed.People need certain wavelengths of light similar to the way plants need sunlight to thrive. Your skin has the ability to absorb light and use it as a source of energy to stimulate cellular regeneration.LED Photo Rejuvenation or Intense Pulsed Light (P.R./IPL) is infra-red light which stimulates the cell activity; this increases Collagen and Elastin production. (The proteins responsible for strength and elasticity of the skin).Photo Rejuvenation transl...(related: Beauty)
Novelty Contact Lenses Are Fun If Used Safely
It must be Halloween or you are in a play if you are thinking about buying novelty contact lenses. Quite a few of the special effects that are shown in the movies are done with these special costume contact lenses. They can be really enticing to wear because...(related: Beauty)