17 Top Tips For Great Holiday Hair
When you are away from home in a different climate your hair will be subjected to weather it is not used to.
Your hair needs to be protected in the same way that you do with your skin. UV rays are very harmful to your hair affecting the pigment, strength, shine and vitality.
For your skin you take with you cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen and after-sun lotions so for your hair take shampoo, conditioner, hair sunscreen and styling products.
1. Cold temperatures weaken your hair and susceptible to damage. Flyaway hair tends to be subject to static. Hair should be well conditioned and protected by wearing a hat.
2. If you have frizzy hair use a leave-in conditioner and take a deep moisturizing mask with you on holiday. All hair types will benefit from using a heat protection spray and serum to keep the elements out and keep the moisture in.
3. Hair expands just like it does when it is wet in a humid climate. This will make your hair fluffy or if it is curly, frizzy.
4. For all hair types, a pre-holiday deep conditioning treatment is a must to nourish the hair and seal the cuticles, as you want to prevent excess moisture from entering the hair shaft.
5. If you have fine hair use a light leave-in conditioner from mid-way down the hair to the ends and use a serum to seal the ends after blow-drying, being careful not to overdo the serum on fine hair.
6. If you have curly and/or frizzy hair then you need to seal the cuticle (the outside of your hair) to minimize the additional frizziness that results in humid weather.
7. Use a leave-in conditioner very morning. Use an anti-frizz serum to coat and seal the cuticle.
Hot and dry climate
8. The sun strips the hair of its natural oils and dry heat increases this effect. UV rays attack your hair and the resulting free radicals damage the hair. The weakened cuticle causes the hair to become dehydrated, allows the bleaching and fading of the color pigment as well as split ends.
9. To protect your hair 100% from sun damage wear a hat!
10. Deep conditioning your hair before your holiday is essential.
11. If you have fine hair use a wash your hair with a gentle shampoo and use a light leave-in conditioner with UV protection. Use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.
12. If you have curly hair use a moisturizing shampoo and a leave-in conditioner to minimize dryness. Apply a nourishing hair mask whilst you are away to deep condition your hair. Use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.
13. If you have frizzy hair use a sun-protection spray containing a UV filter to screen your hair from the effects of the sun and seawater and re-apply after going in the sea.Use a rich leave-in conditioner with UV protection each morning and apply a hair mask every other day during the holiday.
14. When you have been swimming in the sea always wash the salt out afterwards.
15. Chlorine from the swimming pool is extremely damaging when combined with the effects of the sun, wet your hair in the shower before hand and protect your hair with a leave-in conditioner preferably one containing a UV filter. Wash your hair thoroughly after swimming.
16. Hair grips and bands are an extremely useful item to have on holiday and offer a quick-fix solution for hair care problems.
17. Don't forget your travel plug to ensure that you can still use your hairdryer and other electric hairstyling equipment whilst abroad.
Copyright © Skye Irwin, Haircare-made-easy.com, 2005This article is copyrighted. Please feel free to use it in it'sentirety including copyright information and information aboutthe publisher.Skye Irwin operates the website HairCare Made Easy, you can get her Hair Care Made Easy book from http://www.haircare-made-easy.com
Homemade Beauty Recipes
Do you want to look stunning with out wasting too much money? If your answer is yes, then you should read this tips. They have past on from generations to generations. The best part of it, is that you may already have the ingredients at home!Get rid of blemishes Apply toothpaste to the required area, Leave on overnight.Dried or chapped skin Apply petroleum jelly (vaseline) affected area.Falling hair Pour cinnamon in to 12 or more ounces of water, let...(related: Beauty)
The Advantages Of Sunless Tanning Booths
While many people recall seemingly endless hours outdoors soaking up the sun's rays, sunbathing isn't as carefree an activity as it used to be. These days, there's more to worry about, such as premature aging, scarring, blemishes, and skin...(related: Beauty)
Color Toric Contacts - Good News For People With Astigmatism
If you have an astigmatism it doesn't mean that you are stuck with wearing glasses. These days there are special ...(related: Beauty)
Sun Damage: A Major Cause Of Wrinkling And Premature Aging
Most of us love the warmth of the sun, but over exposure can cause significant damage to our skin. The sun's ultraviolet rays (UV) can cause our skin to dry out and lose essential oils and decades of tanning, burning and over exposure to the sun may cause changes in our skin's structure.
Look Years Younger In Minutes
Now whether you are just beginning to notice your first few lines or you are experiencing more advance signs of aging you can painlessly and safely achieve a healthier, youthful, wri...(related: Beauty)
7 Tips To Keep Your Skin Looking Great
1. Healthy Food: Keep your skin fresh and glowing by eating antioxidant-rich foods. Choose foods that are bright in color, such as broccoli, carrots, blueberries and tomatoes. When you eat healthy and exercise regularly you are much more likely to have great skin.2. Sunburn Treatment: First to avoid the chance of sunburn always use a sun block that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. If you are unfortunate and get sunburn, take a bath in lukewarm water using a moisturizing bath product such as Aveeno. Follow with a moisturizer.3. Help for Rough Hands: Use Mary Kay, Satin Hands. It has an exfoliant and a moisturizer that leaves hands feeling ever so soft. Or, apply an extra emollient cream at night and then slip on a pair of cotton gloves and you'll wake up with hands that feel ...(related: Beauty)
Buying Home Whitening Kits Like Whitestrips
Tired of stained, yellow teeth? Want to give yourself a beautiful, whiter smile? Then perhaps you have thought about at home teeth whitening kits. In January 2004, Consumer Reports wrote "Home kits do whiten teeth for far less than you'd pay for a professional treatment."Along with the above quote, Consumer Reports rated Colgate Wh...(related: Beauty)
What Is Botox And Whats The Use
Botox is an injectable substance that is a medical grade form of the botulinum toxin, most oft...(related: Beauty)
Where To Find Wholesale Hair Extensions
Many people turn to hair extensions to change their looks and, in turn, to change their lives. This makes for big business for cosmetologists trained in hair extension application. Unfortunately, hair extensions can be expensive. Retail prices of hair extensions make them cost-prohibitive for most salons and hairdressers. Luckily, wholesale hair extensions are available for professional hairdressers. The following is a partial list of compan...(related: Beauty)
Taking Photos While Youre Protecting Your Skin
If you're a shutterbug like me, and you enjoy taking photos outdoors, you will often find yourself in direct sunlight.Other than protecting yourself from the sun by wearing a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses, and by applying sunscreen every two hours, there is one more thing you can do. And it's good for your photos and you--Take pictures in early morning or late afternoon when the sunlight, including UV light, is less intense.When the sun intensity peaks around noon, and you shoot some pictures, you're likely to see harsh dark shadows and very bright highlights. These translate into light and dark areas in your photos and an absence of detail."The worst possible lighting for peopl...(related: Beauty)