10 Important Sunless Tanning Safety Tips
If you are a sunless tanner, your skin's health is very important toyou. Here are some tips for you to review at your leisure and sharewith your friends and family. After you have read them, return oncein awhile for a refresher so that you will keep safety foremost andalways in your sunless tanning program.
1. Shaving - Avoid shaving right before applying sunless tanningproducts to avoid irritation.
2. Lighten up - For areas you want to protect from getting too dark,pre-apply baby oil, gel or lotion to places like your knees andelbows, then use sunless tanner.
3. Streaking - Getting wet too soon after applying sunless tanningproducts could result in streaks. So wait after applications, atleast two hours or so, before swimming, showering or bathing.
4. Orange -To avoid orange hands when applying products, cheap,disposable gloves from a dime or wholesale store are great to use.Regardless of glove wearing, thoroughly wash hands and fingernailsafter application.
5. Expunge - Eliminate dead skin via washing or exfoliating beforeapplying sunless tanning products.
6. Special Areas - When using self-tanning products with your knees,feet, hands and elbows, either dilute first with a moisturizinglotion or use very small amounts when gently rubbing in. Rubbing witha make-up sponge applicator works well for these areas, too.
7. How-to-Apply - To apply sunless tanning products, begin workingon a small area. Gently, in an even manner, rub in the productgenerously. Reach out to other areas in a swirling, but still gentleand even rub, rather than going in an up-and-down direction. To reachyour back, try using a sponge paint roller or sponge paintbrush; alittle goes a long way, so slow and steady does it.
8. Fabric Stains - Be careful when using sunless tanning agents thatlist padimate O, lisadimate, aminobenzoic acid or roxadimate in theingredients. These may cause discoloration, staining fabrics ayellowish hue.
9. Inside / Outside - Remember that when you use sunless or self-tanning products, if they list no sunscreen in their ingredients, youwill not be protected from harmful UV rays. And even if you are usinga sunscreen, it does not last or work beyond a few hours. So takecaution running in and out, and be prepared. Either carry along moresunscreen product to reapply or wear, and carry or take protectiveclothing and gear.
10. Eyewear - For those enjoying a lot of outdoor weather, checkinto investing in good protective eyewear. Read labels for 100% UVprotection. Check with a pharmacist or healthcare provider for helpselecting appropriate levels for children and yourself.
By carefully considering these sunless tanning tips, you can helpensure you safely keep that wonderful glow all year long and enjoythe sizzle without the sun!
James B. Allen is the publisher of Power Living Press. He invites you to come learn more about living a healthier,wealthier, more beautiful and more powerful life TODAY byvisiting:
5 Hot Hair Style Trends For 2005
Folks are so diverse in 2005, which means that there's never just one hair style trend that's hot at any given time. All of history is fair game for re-invention. Truly, there's not much that hasn't been done before. Yet somehow, each incarnation takes on a fresh spin, and emerges fabulous.The latest hair style trends sweep the globe slowly, which means that the life cycle is actually a few years from the birth of a new trend to the eventual fizzle. And then there are those we can't ever seem to eradicate completely (terrible 80's bangs), but that's another article, another time.Today's hair trends can be broken down into five general categories. Here's a rundown of each...Old Hollywood Glamour - The vintage Hollywood glamour look is characterized by smooth, voluptuous waves, and deep s...(related: Beauty)
Commercial Tanning Beds: An Overview
Commercial tanning beds come in two basic formats. Horizontal tanning beds are the tanning beds you most often see in both residential and commercial settings. These capsule or clamshell tanning bed...(related: Beauty)
Natural Beauty: What Is It Really?
Natural beauty is the ideal many people strive to achieve when they purchase make-up, creams, shampoos and other forms of cosmetics. But what reall...(related: Beauty)
Brow Lift - Cosmetic Surgery Procedure
Brow Lift ? Cosmetic Surgery ProceduresThroughout life, natural signs of aging occur on all of our bodies. The forehead broadcasts a telltale sign of ag...(related: Beauty)
Frequently Asked Questions About Permanent Makeup
Frequently Asked Questions About Permanent CosmeticsQ2) What is the recovery time for permanent makeup? A2) Everyone is different, but a general rule would be 3-7 days on the surface, and another 10-14 days below the s...(related: Beauty)
A Guide To Hair Salon Equipment
Hair salons require many different types of equipment to ensure the business is run efficiently. Because many different items are required, it is not necessary that each piece of salon equipment be new. It is possible to find good quality, used hair salon equipment that will serve the purpose of new equipment.Basic hair salon equipment consists of styling chairs, shampoo chairs, washbasins, hair dryers, mirrors, and trolley carts. These pieces of equipment are available in a large variety of styles. Many salons opt to purchase basic, inexpensive, equipment that is simply functional. Other salons choose to purchase equipment that works toward creating a certain feel or ambiance in their salon. There are many retailers that specialize solely in "high end" designer hair salon equipment. For an addit...(related: Beauty)
Plastic Surgery Advancements
First the definition of Plastic Surgery is: Surgical repair of congenital or acquired deformities and the restoration of contour to improve the appearance and function of tissue defects. Development of this specialized branch of surgery received impetus from the need to repair gross deformities sustained in World War I. By the grafting of tissue or the use of artificial materials such as silicone, some remarkable restorations have become possible. Severe burns and the removal of fairly extensive skin cancers leave scars that must be covered by skin grafts; breast reconstruction...(related: Beauty)
Taking The Leap: Short Hair Styles Great For School
Imagine the splash you'll make as you walk into class with a new short haircut, one that exudes confidence and style. Will your friends recognize you? Will the teachers do a double take?Short hair styles are great for school because they are so easy to care for and they really make a statement. Short hair says to the world: "I'm confident enough to get rid of all that hair I used to hide behind. Now you get to see the real me!"But making the cut won't be easy if you've had medium length or long hair for a while. After all, some of that hair has been with you for years. So to help you make the decision whether to "go short or go home", here are some...(related: Beauty)
Need To Look Your Best In A Hurry? Tips For A Quick And Polished Look!
Start with your face: it's your "canvas."Have a little extra time the night before an event for which you want to look your best? Super - exfoliate your face with a mask or microdermabrasion (using the right products for your skin type and special needs) and then moisturize your skin thoroughly. Also shape and clean up your eyebrows to complement your face.On the day of your event, perform steps two through four for healthy skin: cleanse, freshen and moisturize. (Step one is exfoliate, which you've done.) Your foundation and makeup apply much more smoothly and evenly over well-hydrated skin so carefully moisturize your face and eye areas.Since the eye areas don't produce their own moisture, apply an eye cream; it's specially formulated for that delicate skin. (Moisturizers for the...(related: Beauty)
Bifocal Contact Lenses
Anyone who has needed prescription bifocal glasses in the past waited for years in order to be able to wear bifocal contact lenses. Bifocal contact lenses are now more than a wish for anyone who ever wanted to shed their bifocal glasses for the convenience and look of contacts. All bifocal contact lenses are designed to provide corrected vision to people who have a condition that is known as presbyopia. Presbyopia is farsightedness r...(related: Beauty)
Want Healthy Glowing Skin?
Are you struggling with skin problems like acne, eczema, psoriasis etc.? Various factors such as toxins, vitamin, mineral, protein deficiencies, long-term exposure to sun light, dehydration etc. might be the cause of your skins unhealthy state. Would you like to have beautiful glowing skin again? Luckily there are several options that can help you restore your skins healthy glow.Stay hydrated- drink 8-12 glasses of water a day.Avoid direct sun light- by wearing protective clothing, staying on the shade and applying sunscreen daily.Avoid or limit your toxins intake this includes alcohol, coffee, spicy food, drugs, limit sugar intake etc.Get rid off dead s...(related: Beauty)
What Is Your Hair Type?
Everyday you see people with all color and style of hair. But did you know that you have a hair type? Yes! Not all hair has been created the same.Lets start with the basic structure of hair:1) Hair grows from the follicle, which is long and bulbous. If you were to pull out a strand of hair you would see the bulge at the tip of the hair. The cells at the base of the follicle divide rapidly and is where you get your hair growth.2) Each strand of hair consists of three layers, the first being the innermost layer called the medulla. This is only present though in thick hair though.3) The middle layer is known as the cortex. This layer provides the strength, color and texture of your hair.4) The outer most layer is called the cuticle and this is what protects the cortex...(related: Beauty)