5 Best Free Child Games For Your Preschooler
There seems to be more and more pressure on parents these days to enrol their pre school children in all sorts of innovative learning programs. There are music and swimming classes, craft centres and activities to promote movement, motor skills or sporting ability.
Did you know some of the best learning tools for your kids are right at your fingertips, literally! We as parents are the primary carers and therefore the first teachers of our children before they start school. Without all the classes and activities that we could pay for them to do, just playing simple free child games, your kids will get all the stimulation and encouragement that they need to get the best start.
By providing them with an enriched environment with free activities based around your home and neighbourhood you will get more quality time with your children while enhancing their imagination and creativity.
Top 5 Free Child Games / Activities- Indoors
1. Storytelling- Telling stories to children promotes language, listening skills and imagination. Don't feel confined to reading from books, tell your children a special family story that helps them to know their place in the world. How mum and dad met, how great grandpa sailed in a tall-ship to start a new life in a new country, or the story of their birth. These tales will delight them time and time again, perhaps you have photos to help them put faces to names.
2. Dressing Up- As children the dress-ups box was always our favorite treasure trove for creating characters for a play or story. Pretending to be dinosaurs, truck drivers, doctors, zoo keepers or even mum can keep children entertained for hours. The more props the better so always have a store of blankets for cubbies or tents and assorted boxes for cars, dolls beds or wherever their imagination takes them.
3. Music- Children love a chance to dance and jump around. By the age of three they will already have some favorites which will probably have actions to match. Given the opportunity to march, stomp, clap or any other loud action will be happily accompanied by any musical instruments that you have around the house. If you don't have any, a pot and wooden spoon will do just fine!
4. Craft- By using recycled materials you just need some glue, a little inspiration, and your child's creativity will do the rest. Materials can be used to create collages, space rockets, animals and a whole lot more. Keep a ready supply of recyclables by keeping cereal boxes, toilet rolls, candy wrappers, magazines and yoghurt containers. Other crafty ideas can involve play dough, paint, crayons, chalk and modelling clay! The ideas are endless.
5. Board Games and Card Games- Fun for the whole family or just two bored kids looking for something to do on a rainy day. For younger children these games help them with numerical skills, taking turns and gamesmanship, as well as the concept of chance and that anyone can win the game. Super for holidays as they are easy to set up and can last for hours. There are many card games to learn from easy kids games right up complicated ones for teenagers and adults. Best of all, the only equipment needed is a deck of cards. Board games like Scrabble and Monopoly have been played for generations and will continue to be, unless everything becomes computerised!
Most of these activities will be known to you, but have you played them all? If not, then get out there and enjoy some free child games with your tribe, they'll love you all the more for spending some one on one time with them.
The place to go for all your games needs for 0-6 year olds is Kids Fun and Games. Educational baby and toddler games, party games, crafts, indoor and outdoor games, festivals and more.
The Five Best Baby Shower Gifts
Ask first time parents-to-be what baby shower gifts they would like to receive. Watch their response -- you'll quite likely see a look of real confusion on their faces! Or maybe they'll come up with a stock answer like "diapers" or something similar.Exactly what a new arrival needs is not obvious to someone who's never had a baby before. And many times, guests are in no better position either, when it comes to deciding on baby shower gifts. Of course, there's a lot more to baby showers than just gifts. But helping parents to stock up for the new arrival is an important part of these celebr...(related: Babies)
Baby Stroller And Pushchairs - Out And About
Having a family day out is not exactly stress free, but with some of the new Buggies on the market you can make it a more enjoyable experience for all involved. I am going to introduce you to three of the top buggies on the market at the moment. These are products from The Hauck group, Zapp and Maclaren, with these stylish pushchairs you will be venturing outside more and more.As busy...(related: Babies)
Honor Grandma With A Baby Shower For Grandma
Throwing a baby shower for grandma could be a great way to commemorate the excitement of becoming a gr...(related: Babies)
Hello World: Babys Third Month Guide
Remember how you wished your baby would learn there is moreto life than crying, feeding and sleeping? Your wishes arecoming true. Your baby's third month will see her becomemuch more interactive. So much so with some babies, thatparents secretly si...(related: Babies)
Baby Shower Themes For Your Special Baby Shower
Do you want to provide a baby shower that is great fun for guests, inviting and welcoming and also really relaxing for the mom-to-be? Read on about selecting and delivering a baby shower theme with confidence.The big question is should your baby shower have a theme at all? And this is really up to you as the host and to the mom-to-be. You may find creating a theme too much work or not the style of the mom-to-be, but having one can make the party seem more organized and more enjoyable for the guests.The use o...(related: Babies)
Baby Shower Food Items
Baby shower food items are one of the most important features of the baby shower. When guests arrive at a baby shower they are expecting food that includes desserts, appetizers, and baby shower finger food. You don't really have to plan an entire meal, it isn't really expected at this kind of event.When you are planning a shower you will want to have a wide selection of baby shower party foods on hand. This is going to keep your guests around long enough to enjoy the games and gift opening.You can be as elaborate as possible or keep things simple and manageable ...(related: Babies)
Baby Shower Favors To Spice Up Your Baby Shower
Baby Shower Favors should be at every baby shower for its guests. Cute little items, items that are easily available, are perfect for your baby shower. You have a grea...(related: Babies)
Weaning A Baby Onto Solid Food
The best time to wean your baby onto solid food is at about age 6 months. This is because your baby's mouth will start to change around that time to help her cope with the transition. Another guide is to start when baby doubles in weight. Before then your baby's digestive system and kidneys are able to cope only with breas...(related: Babies)
Aargh Those Pesky Sleep Problems!
It's 2am and your baby is up for the third time since 7pm.She's 2 months old and from all the books and magazines you've readSHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING THROUGHT HE NIGHT!!!!!How long can this go on?!!! As difficult as this is it doesn't last forever.The first few weeks of a baby's life are key in setting a healthy sleep pattern that can last a lifetime.At first your infant doesn't know much about the differences between day ...(related: Babies)
Solving Baby Sleep Problems - Its Time To Sleep
If you're a parent with a young child then here's a question that may make you yawn ? what were you doing this morning at 1am, 3am or 5am. Were you sleeping like a baby or were you in fact cuddling and rocking your little cherub in an attempt to get them back to sleep? After all that's what being a parent is all about ? isn't it?!A lucky few will have been asleep in bed throughout the night, but a large percentage of the parenti...(related: Babies)
When To Move From Carseat To Booster
Under three, use a car seat. The guidelines for transporting infants and toddlers are deeply embedded in parental mantras. It gets a little fuzzy though when your youngster hits hyper-drive and grows out of his front-facing car seat. Today, less than 10% of children ages 4 ? 8 use a booster seat when riding in cars. National traffic and safety organizations have confirmed that your child needs to be restrained appropriately when riding in a car. This means supplementing the standard adult-sized seat belts with additional equipment to keep your child safe.The child r...(related: Babies)
Potty Training Readiness Signals - Is Your Child Ready To Be Potty Trained?
So, you are thinking about potty training your toddler and you want to make sure that your child is ready.If this is the case, then you are reading the r...(related: Babies)
Fun And Easy Baby Shower Crafts
Baby shower crafts can be fun and easy to make. Here are some practical ideas to make sure your baby shower is a huge success. All you need is a little money, a little bit of time, and a whole lot of heart. These baby craft ideas are perfect for any ba...(related: Babies)