8 Collectible Dolls That Sell Well On Ebay
From the beginning, eBay's primary growth came from thecollectibles market. There are two basic models for eBaysales:
1. Currently available consumers goods. This is a price-driven model, and although smart sellers can earn above-average prices, buyers are there looking for a bargain andprice is the #1 consideration.
2. Other buyers are collectors, looking for one-of-a-kindunique items that they can't locate elsewhere. Here, priceisn't as important as it is with consumer goods. The powerof this market is obvious because, before eBay and theInternet, most collectors were confined to a local market.
Dolls have always been big sellers as eBay collectibles andeight of them are especially strong sellers:
1. The Cabbage Patch Kids began in 1978 and are never"sold". They are 'born' at Babyland General Hospital inCleveland, Georgia and proud parents pay an 'adoption fee'.The Cabbage Patch Kids were one of the greatest toyphenomenons of the later 20th century. At one time, it was acommon sight to see grown women shopping and lunching withtheir babies in hand. In restaurants, the Kids had their ownchairs and were always appropriately dressed for theweather.
2. Precious Moments began in the early 1970s when creatorSam Butcher began drawing the endearing teardrop-eyechildren as gifts for family and friends. Today Sam'sPrecious Moments artwork is among the most recognized in theworld, and eBay prices reflect this popularity.
3. Madame Alexander dolls were created in 1923. Thesebeloved dolls range from Charlie Brown to babies andchildren to elegant dressed women to glamorous and famouswomen like Greta Garbo and Judy Garland. With all thevarieties of costumes, a single doll can be a 1920s flapperas easily as a member of the court of Louis XIV.
4. Lee Middleton dolls, according to legend, are so real inappearance that grown men sent for a rescue squad to save"the baby" from a locked car! Mistaken identity issupposedly a frequent occurrence and the dolls have beencounted as "passengers" on airplanes and rescued from storecountertops to prevent the 'baby' from falling. As one happyowner says, "These dolls are so lifelike it's uncanny."
5. American Girl dolls are loved by millions of little girls(and grown ups, too!) They are not only from different timesand places, but are ethnically diverse: Felicity fromcolonial Virginia; Josephina from the 1830's in New Mexico;Kirsten is "a pioneer girl of strength and spirit growing upin Minnesota in 1854"; Addy is alive in the 186o's, havingescaped from slavery with her mother; Samantha is "a brightVictorian girl living with her wealthy grandmother in 1904";Kit is growing up in 193os, during America's GreatDepression; Molly lives in the 1940's while her dad is awayat war; Kaya is a Nez Perce Indian living in the northwest.
6. Hasbro dolls are one of the products of the giganticHasbro company, who claim to have been making toys for eightgenerations, including famous games like Monopoly, Scrabbleand Clue.
7. Bratz dolls, unlike older dolls like Madame Alexander andCabbage Patch Kids, have no long history as favorite toys orcollectibles. Nevertheless, their price has astonished eBaysellers and the Bratz collection was one of the 'super hits'of the 2003 holiday season and sales have been strong eversince.
8. And, no surprise, Barbie is the best-selling doll oneBay. Since Mattel has recently announced that Ken andBarbie will no longer be an "item", dolls from the 'good olddays' when the name "Barbie" was rarely heard without 'Ken',will inevitably become more valuable.
Anyone who loves and understands the doll market, can dovery well selling dolls on eBay. They've been strongsellers for the 10 years eBay has been in existence and arealmost certain to remain popular for years to come.
Learn how to sell on eBay with 16 hours of online instruction taught by a 10 year eBay veteran. Own an eBay business instead of an eBay hobby.http://www.auction-genius-course.com
Selling Through Auction Marketplaces
Consumers are increasingly feeling more comfortable in buying products through the Internet. According to a report released recently by the Department of Commerce first-quarter retail salesrose 23.8 percent to US$ 19.8 billion in the United States from US$ 16 billion a year ago. E-commerce sales during the first quarter of 2005 rose 6.4 percent from the fourth quarter of last year. Forrester Research estimated that 2005 online retail sales will increase at a pace of 22 percent. Today, a third of all households in US make at least one purchase online within a year,a figure which will grow to almost 40 percent by 2009, predicts Forrester. As a seller, this strong ...(related: Auctions)
Negating Negative Feedback On Ebay
Taking some pride in my one hundred percent positive feedback score on eBay, I was horrified to see a negative feedback appear against me.What had I done wrong? Had I...(related: Auctions)
Tips On How To Profit From Ebay Buy It Now Auction Listings
eBay is an online auction site so it stands to reason that most users will tend to auction off their items aiming to get a high price.The problem with auctioning items is that eBay can be a very fickle place, one week an item may sell for hundreds of pounds but the next week the same item may sell for pennies.Your success rate on eBay is affected by the number of people who are willing, and able, to bid large amounts on your items. If the buyers can't, for some reason, bid high amounts on one particular auction, you run the risk of losing money.There is no way of telling when an item will sell for a high amount. If there was, there would be many more very succe...(related: Auctions)
Join The Home-based Business Revolution
So you've decided to go into business. Great. Now what?
If you're like most new internet, home-based entrepreneurs, you have no idea. Let not your heart be troubled!
There are many ways to run a home-based business on the internet, none of which are easy. Don't be fooled - there is a lot of hype out there, and those "overnight success" promises you'll find that are so prevalent on the internet these days are, in fact, to good to be true. I know, because I tried many of them. But did...(related: Auctions)
Selling On Ebay-get Started In 7 Easy Steps
Ebay auctions are definitely the easiest and fastest way to start earning money online. Ebay.com gets over 1.5 billion page views every month-that means ebay takes care of the single biggest problem all internet business owners face-traffic.With over 9,000 new users registering on ebay every day there's not likely to be a slow down to your business-if you know how to get started. Follow these easy steps to put you on the road to online profits today.#1: Get an Ebay.com Selling Account, it's free and easy.#2: Decide what you're going to sell. For starters it's a good idea to look around your gara...(related: Auctions)
Drop Shipping Increases Profits
You would like to increase your income by selling other peoples` products but you just don`t have the money to stock inventory.On the other hand, perhaps you have lots of your ownproduct and would like ...(related: Auctions)
Turn Your Ebay Experience Into Even More Profit
Everyone's talking about eBay these days. With the frequency of the TV advertising campaigns increasing, and no sign of any sizable competitors the eBay empire is only going to get bigger.Now personally as friends and family hear about eBay they normally come to me for advice, How do I use this feature?, How do I sell this item?, What am I doing wrong? Where do I start? And I'm not just talking about people unfamiliar with the net or e-commerce.I have friends who work within the IT industry and they are the ones who call me most often! Computer technicians, Network consultants, eve...(related: Auctions)
Everything You Need To Know About Ebay Money Making Opportunities
Ebay money making opportunities are simply the best thing to come along since the wheel. Seriously, everybody from grandmothers to middle school kids are cashing in on what's been called the $14 billion ebay pie.And you want your slice, right? Well, all you need to get going on your ebay money making opportunities are a computer and some items to sell on ebay. We know you have a computer or you wouldn't be here.For your first items to sell on ebay, look in your closets. On your bookshelves. In your garage. Even in the trunk of your car! They are all places to look for items to make money on ebay.Because remember that old saying "One man's trash is another man's treasure"? Ebay proves it's true, so ...(related: Auctions)
Auction Image Hosting For Ebay Auctions: Free Single Most Recommended Tip
It is a well known fact that the more pictures taken of an item, the better it will sell. Not only will you get more bids, but you will make a superior final profit. This is probably why this tip is the single most given tip when it comes to ebay.Naturally, You will not list as many pictures as you should because E-bay's service charges per picture. Because of this you tend to ask yourself, do I really need another picture? This kind of thinking is bad for business. You should instead be asking yourself, how many useful pictures can I take ...(related: Auctions)