5 Tips To Cure Your Acne
Reports show that over 90 percent of all adolescents and almost 25 percent of all adults are acne sufferers. And although acne affects about 50 percent of all adult women, acne does affect males and females worldwide, regardless of nationality.
Here are 5 tips to help with acne prevention and treatment and skin maintenance. They are listed in no particular order of importance.
1. Get plenty of fresh air and sunshine for vitamin D, ingredients for healthy skin. Not only will your skin appreciate the vitamin D, your body and mind will enjoy the oxygen and stress reducer of a daily jaunt outdoors. But don't overdo it and get a sunburn! Remember to use sun protection / tanning lotions if you'll be out long. You don't want to get caught up in that cycle of burned, dead skin cells blocking pores, resulting in acne scenario.
2. Remember, even "good" stress can trigger internal chemical responses that result in acne, too. So plan ahead to deal with extra stress when planning a wedding, graduation, a move, a new job, a job transfer, a new baby, etc. Journal a little extra, focusing on the upcoming issue or issues and plan in some extra rest (use relaxation or meditation tools - cassettes, workshops, etc.) Get help around the house, take time off, exercise (yoga and T'ai Chi are highly recommended), have fun or whatever you need to do.
3. Drink an adequate amount of water daily. Many recommend three to four tall glasses and mineral or filtered water. Too little water can lead to dehydration, which can lead to dead skin cells not naturally falling off or sloughing properly; the end result can be blocked pores, acne.
4. Acne has nothing to do with dirt. Period. So don't over-wash or over-scrub your face or the rest of your body.Keep in mind that too much can result in dry skin. And dry skin means your body will jump in and create more oil. Then what? Extra oil + extra dead skin cells = blocked pores, triggering acne flare-ups. Same old story.
5. - Add more fruits, veggies, seeds and nuts to your regular diet. (Note that deficiencies if selenium and zinc,found in Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds, have been associated with acne.) So add salads, dried fruit and nut snacks, juices and other healthy treats to your daily planning.
This report includes information based upon research about acne. It strives to help clear up myths from facts and present an overview of the issues surrounding acne along with possible solutions available to help with the prevention and treatment of acne, all based upon the most recent studies, reports, articles and findings available, so that you can learn more acne health care.
Tony Newton publishes the popular health and wellnesswebsite - http://www.1st-for-health.com/acne.htmWith lots of informative articles on low carb diets, hair loss, arthritis pain relief, acne and lots more.
Treatments For Acne ? Looking After More Than Your Skin
Acne is a pernicious condition that is as damaging to self-confidence as it is to the skin, but the wide variety of treatments for acne available today mean that nobody need soldier on without help. It can take what seems to th...(related: Acne)
The Truth About Your Acne Problem!
Like a good many people I have been the victim of acne vulgaris (what an appropriate name for such a vulgar disease) the medical term for pimples.My acne problem has made me aggravated, made me cry, and made me angry. Thousands of people each year are afflicted by an ac...(related: Acne)
Acne & Wrinkles At My Age?
Puberty brought bouts of acne. In your 20s, finding Mr. or Mrs. Right was of chief consequence. When the 30s hit, you worked to raise little Johnnie or Suzie to be a model kid. Now that your hitting the fabulous 40s, you should be coasting through life, right. Well, why are you suddenly dealing with the cosmetic double whammy of acne and wrinkles? Even your insurance company figures that you should have gotten rid of acne...(related: Acne)
Proactive Facial Cleanser For Acne
Acne can be a tough problem to fight but it can be done. The question always becomes what is the best acne treatment? The answer is always the same, the product that works for you is the best treatment. One product that many have had success with is the Proactive facial cleanser.For those that are lucky enough not to have suffered from acne they tend to think it's just a minor problem, or that it's just a teenage problem. Nothing could be further from the truth. Acne can be can cause emotional turmoil and play on the one's self esteem. Teens are especially hit hard. In no other time in our lives is the way we loo...(related: Acne)
Acne Scars ? Getting Rid Of Bad Memories!
Acne scars can often be the final reminder of a bad time in the life of a person's skin. Though acne is one of the most common skin...(related: Acne)
Acne is a skin disease, which is prevalent in all age groups and sexes. In its severe cases, the simple appearing pimples, cysts or nodes may take the shape of permanent scars, which obvious...(related: Acne)
Prevention And Treatment For Acne Scars
While it may sound elementary, the first place to start with acne scar treatment is prevention.Most people cannot predict when they will have an acne outbreak or how severe that outbreak will be. If you suffer from acne outbreaks, having a good preventive treatment regiment is a proactive way to keep acne minimized, reducing the risk of scarring in the first place. It is as washing your hands to help prevent spreading germs.Among all of the factors that can contribute to acne outbreaks, heredity is part of the mix. Additionally, heredity plays a factor in the amount of scarring you will receive from acne, or in other words, your ability to heal.Almost all acne sufferers will de...(related: Acne)
The Importance Of Water In Caring For Acne
The benefits of water as part of our daily lives are undeniable. We use it to prepare food, to drink, and to bathe. What many people do not know is that water also plays an important roll in the reduction and treatment of acne flare-ups.During an average day, most people lose almost two liters of water through perspiration, respiration, and waste removal. Include a hot humid day, strenuous work, or athletic activity and the amount of fluid loss multiplies significantly. Water is crucial to healthy cells, and healthy cells, particularly at the skin level whe...(related: Acne)
Take Advantage Of Natural Acne Treatments
Let's face it. Nobody is really immune to having acne from time to time. Don't blame your French fries. Don't blame your Hershey's bar. Don't blame yourself for not being able to wash your face enough. Don't blame being overworked. Acne does not happen because of those. Acne is caused by some imbalances in our body and internal impurities. This is the main reason to the imperative knowledge that the way to really get rid of acne is through internal cleansing.Using topical medications and oral antibiotics as acne treatment does not guarantee the disappearance of these menacing and painful spots that invade the face. What artificial medications do is only target one or just a few of the causes of acne and a few mo...(related: Acne)
Five Easy Guidelines For Acne Skin Care
Are you having acne problem? Have you done something about it? No need to worry, almost everyone has a problem with acne. Nearly all of high-school-age girls to older women, even including men, experience this skin care problem. Acne may not be a dangerous skin disease, but the common appearance, especially if it becomes worse and severe, can become a very serious problem. Thus, you're going to need a significant acne skin care.Before going further to acne skin care, it will be best to get to know more about acne. It is a skin disorder caused by hormones on the skin's oil glands. This leads to open skin pores and cause some spots, annoying ones, to emerge. These spots are called ac...(related: Acne)
Acne Cure, How To Cure Acne
Acne is a common skin condition that is not restricted to any age group or sex. Acne may appear for any length of time. But one should not forget that Acne is not a disease and can surely be cured...(related: Acne)
Stop Squeezing Your Pimples - 7 Safe Ways To Get Rid Of Pimples
It's everyone's worst nightmare. Waking up the day before aspecial event to discover a big, red pimple baring itself for allto see right on your face!Here's how to get rid of it quickly and safely:1. Don't ever pinch, squeeze or pick at a pimple. This onlycauses it to become more red and inflamed, and will spread thebacteria and oils that cau...(related: Acne)
Acne - What Causes It?
Many individuals suffer from acne, not just adolescents. Acne is caused by normally occurring bacteria, Propionibacterium acnes. This bacterium gets trapped in plugged skin pores or follicles, especially in the face. In an attempt to escape, the bacterium produce enzymes used to break down the sebum (the excretion produced by sebaceous gla...(related: Acne)