5 Acne Treatment Tips You Can Use Today
Dealing with acne can be embarassing at any age. Luckily, there area number of things you can do everyday to make sure your skin is lessprone to flare ups. Here are five tips for taking control of youracne starting today.
1. Exercise - Keeping in shape can help fight acne by fighting offnegative stress levels that can come from negative self-esteem anddepression. However, some safeguards need to be in place to ward offacne that can result from your workout routines. Watch what you puton your body with regards to clothing, sports gear and equipment.
For example, tight lycra and nylon exercise outfits might lookgreat in the movies and on magazine models, but if you aresusceptible to acne problems, avoid these synthetic fabrics that tendto trap in body moisture and heat resulting in a bacteria frenzy.Instead, choose loose clothing made of cotton or natural blends toallow more air to get to your skin.
And when you are finished with your workout, get out of clothing wetfrom perspiration or water sports. Shower and change into dry, cleanclothing. And keep your sports gear and equipment clean, too. Dirtyheadgear, for instance, can irritate forehead areas prone to acneproblems. So toss headbands into the washing machine after workoutsessions.
2. Cosmetics - To avoid pore-clogging and skin irritations that aresimilar to acne and that can contribute to acne, use products labelednoncomedogenic or oil-free. Shimmering facial colors can contain aflaky mineral called mica that can cause skin irritations and clogpores. Other additives in coloring that can cause similar reactionsare coal tar derivatives, carmine and heavy cream in blushes.
More preventative measures include using a lip gloss that promotes amatte finish instead of a high gloss for less pore-clogging; note themore the shine, the more then comedogenic content and the more thepores can clog. Beware that eye creams can contain heavierconcentrations of moisturizers than regular creams and lotions,meaning they have greater potential to clog pores in the surroundingfacial areas.
3. Diet - Studies show that diet does not play a role in either thecause or the treatment of acne. However, what is recommended for acnepreventative care is this: what is best for your body is best foryour skin, especially since your skin is the largest organ of yourbody. So remember to watch your diet and consume healthy vitamins,minerals and other supplements. This will help to prevent and helpconquer acne breakout.
4. Hygiene - A healthy skin regimen should include no harshscrubbing or over-washing, because this can cause possible skinirritation or possible over production of oil to replace what haswashed off, clogging pores in the process. Products with gentleexfoliation ingredients are OK to use; i.e. not scratchy nut or fruitshell pieces that can tear skin. And skip alcohol products whenpossible; these can take off the top layer of your skin and causeyour glands to product more oil, clogging pores in the process.
If you do spot acne-troubled areas, do NOT mess with them. Rememberthat these are already weeks in the making, and squeezing or pickingblemishes can force the infected area to regress back inside, furthertroubling the region and possibly leave a scar. If necessary, seekhelp from a dermatologist for alternative treatments.
5. Shaving - Shaving for both genders is actually an excellent wayof exfoliating or removing dead skin to help with the prevention andspreading of acne instead of leaving the remains to clog pores. Andfor some light acne cases already in process, shaving can help ridwhiteheads and blackheads from the face. A word of caution: for areaswith infection or high inflammatory activity (redness, sensitive,open acne, sores, etc.), do not shave. Or at the very least, use ashaving cream for sensitive skin!
James B. Allen is the publisher of Power Living Press. He invites you to come learn more about living a healthier,wealthier, more beautiful and more powerful life TODAY byvisiting:
Different Types Of Acne, Different Treatments ? Cystic Acne Treatment
Acne can range in severity from a relatively small number of whiteheads, to a proliferation of cysts and nodules, which can be as physically painful as they are psychologically upsetting. Severe cystic acne needing cystic acne treatment can be resistant to most treatments, and in fact cystic acne treatment can produce side effects that are as upsetting as the condition itself. For the many sufferers of this kind of acne however, refusing treatment is not an option, so here are some things to be aware of before undergoing your cystic acne treatment.The causes of cystic acne are, like other types of the condition, associated with the over production of oil by glands in the skin. There remains no definitive cure for any of the acne types, and the ways in which available treatments work is not full...(related: Acne)
The Wonders Of Green Tea- It Can Help With Acne Care
Green tea is the most consumed beverage in the world, second only to water. The craze for green tea exceeds taste, as this beverage-derived from the white-flowered plant, Camellia ...(related: Acne)
Every individual has different skin needs. But what doesn't differ is that everyone's skin needs to be cleaned to remove excess dirt brought about by the outside environment. Gentle cleansing is the first place to start.Use a water-soluble cleanser:Water-soluble cleansers are great because they gently cleanse your skin without stimulating the oil glands. A gentle cleanse does not cause redness or dryness. It also makes the skin feel soft and releases oil and dirt gently without damaging the skin.Once you leave those dry, irritating pore-clogging bar cleansers and soaps behind, you will notice a distinct difference in the way your skin looks and feels. But you must remember to ONLY stick to water-soluble cleansers which ar...(related: Acne)
Acne Blemish Laser Treatment
If you are looking to eliminate acne, cure zits and treat pimples you will find that, among other good solutions, laser therapy has some outstanding results. A successful acne blemish laser treatment may include various types of laser exposure such as carbon dioxide lasers or nonablative lasers. Eliminating the negative effects of zits and pimples becomes a reality with such techniques. Most acne blemish laser treatment methods are painless and effective, but they also come at a noticeable...(related: Acne)
Acne Cure, How To Cure Acne
Acne is a common skin condition that is not restricted to any age group or sex. Acne may appear for any length of time. But one should not forget that Acne is not a disease and can surely be cured...(related: Acne)
An Introduction To Acne Treatment
Nearly 17 million people in the United States have acne, making it the most common skin disease. Acne affects almost all teenagers as well as a growing number of adults. It attacks all kinds of skin - with little regard to race or gender - on the fa...(related: Acne)
Acne ? A Clean Face ? First Step In A 12 Step Program
For those that need more than a special cream like Scotty's Face Cream, then you need to work harder to get rid of acne. Since acne is a condition that occurs from within your body and exhibits on the outsi...(related: Acne)
The Kill The Bacterial And Cure The Acne Myth
All life forms strategize to survive and procreate. Weeds, worms, birds, fungi and bacteria all work to sustain their own lives on this planet. In fact, we humans survive because of the biological games constantly unfolding in our mist.Propio...(related: Acne)
Acne: Diminished Self-confidence In Teens - You Can Get Rid Of Acne Effectively With No Scarring
Acne refers to a skin condition where pores on the skin contain blackheads, whiteheads and/or pimples. In severe cases, plugged pores can result in lumps, cysts or nodules.While Acne tends to predominantly affect teenagers (at least 90% develop some form of Acne), it is not uncommon in adults. Acne can occur on the face, neck, chest, back and arms. Acne can have a severe psychological impact, particularly on ...(related: Acne)
Slash Your Acne Supplement Expenses With Food
Twenty-one year old Lydia Garcia faces an imminent dilemma- poverty or acne. Lydia religiously uses three herbs to keep her skin clear and she's always on the prowl for supplements to augment her health. Just last week she read that the Chinese herb astragalus enhances the immune system. And now, Lydia ponders, "I think I want to take dandelion root and ginseng to ease my menstrual cramps." Yet Lydia's salary as a receptionist barely covers her fanatical consumption of supplements.You don't have to spend a fortune on supplements when food provides all the nutrients you need to have clear skin. Herbs and supplements that provide support for clean skin typically offer the following benefits:Boost the immune systemEnhance str...(related: Acne)
5 Reasons Little White Bumps Are On Your Face And How To Get Rid Of Them
Are you making these mistakes each time you spot a little white little bump on your face? Fixing those little white bumps starts with a small dose of education and ends with a big dose of prevention. After understanding the five reasons below, your little bumps should give way to clearer skin.Reason #1: You have no clue what those little white bumps are anyway.Little white bumps, or milia, are keratin-filled cysts, or simply little globs of protein under the skin. There are generally two types of milia. Primary milia may result from oil glands that have not fully or properly developed. Secondary milia result from trauma to the skin.Reason #2: You think all little white bumps are acne, and tr...(related: Acne)
Acne Treatment Tips
Acne is a broad term which includes blemishes, blackheads, and whiteheads. Acne can strike at any age. Effective acne treatments are sometimes difficult to find, and understanding acne and prevention can be frustrating. Here are some acne treatment tips that have worked for many.Although acne isn't life threatening it can be uncomfortable and hard on your ego. There has always been a debate...(related: Acne)